Does anybodsy else think that year to year

I feel like there is a lot of talent in the top 5 at every position of every draft and the big boards change year to year with how well the previous rookie class produced. Thus overvaluing the bottom half of the top ten players at each position that produced well the previous year. Like for instance, Adrian Peterson and Lynch both produced very well last year so now guys like Felix Jones from Arkansas gets slipped into the bottom of the first rd instead of lasting til rd 3. While Calvin Johnson with all the hype didn't produce so now all of the wr get bottom first grades. I think the secret to drafting in the 2-4th rds is realizing what positions are over and under valued and doing the opposite of everyone else. Drafting within the top 5 at their positions at each pick, while the Cowboys and Redskins of the league hope to draft the next Adrian Peterson or Patrick Willis and so on. The only problem with that theory is that you have to get your #1 need with the first rd pick and then let everything else fall into place. Which maybe isn't a problem at all. What do you think?

a few thoughts:

Do teams actually draft them higher the following year, or do the "draft experts" just preach that these guys are going to go higher and then they end up going at about the same spot they would have regardless?

Also could draft practices also just reflect a league that's always changing a little - certain types of players become more sought after because their specific skills fit a popular offensive or defensive scheme that has caught on? - like smaller, faster linebackers, or safeties that can really cover

I feel like there is a lot of talent in the top 5 at every position of every draft and the big boards change year to year with how well the previous rookie class produced. Thus overvaluing the bottom half of the top ten players at each position that produced well the previous year. Like for instance, Adrian Peterson and Lynch both produced very well last year so now guys like Felix Jones from Arkansas gets slipped into the bottom of the first rd instead of lasting til rd 3. While Calvin Johnson with all the hype didn't produce so now all of the wr get bottom first grades. I think the secret to drafting in the 2-4th rds is realizing what positions are over and under valued and doing the opposite of everyone else. Drafting within the top 5 at their positions at each pick, while the Cowboys and Redskins of the league hope to draft the next Adrian Peterson or Patrick Willis and so on. The only problem with that theory is that you have to get your #1 need with the first rd pick and then let everything else fall into place. Which maybe isn't a problem at all. What do you think?

That's an excellent insight. It's believed the Poorpisses rated Ginn so high last year due to what Devin Hester was doing on the field for the Bears. It makes sense to me that poorly run draft departments would be swayed by that. I don't think it makes a difference to teams with good scouting departments but to teams with a mentality of going with the latest fad it makes a difference. This thought process is what made Parcells clean house in Miami.

I don't think it's a hugely noticeable thing but I definitely think it exists with some teams.

That's an excellent insight. It's believed the Poorpisses rated Ginn so high last year due to what Devin Hester was doing on the field for the Bears. It makes sense to me that poorly run draft departments would be swayed by that. I don't think it makes a difference to teams with good scouting departments but to teams with a mentality of going with the latest fad it makes a difference. This thought process is what made Parcells clean house in Miami.

I don't think it's a hugely noticeable thing but I definitely think it exists with some teams.

I mainly just word puked that whole point. But If there was some research done, I bet there is some truth to all of it! Totally makes sense with the Ginn pick. I guess I'm having a hard time believing that there isn't a good wr in this draft. Especially when there is 4 mega talents in my opinion...