Why is it that

OK, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I can take issue with each of those suggested moves:

- Crumpler has serious knee issues. The Bills probably found it safer to go with a rookie in the draft than pickup someone that's 30 with degenerative knees.

- The Bills said they will not sign Johnson to a one year deal because they'd be in the same scenario addressing the situation again next year. I think it takes a very disciplined team to do that.

- Sure, Moss would be worth Fitzgerald money. But come on, would he ever work here? No way.

- Trent Green for three years? In the last two seasons he's played, he's been knocked out of the year. He probably shouldn't be playing any more. And if you sign him, then whatever value Losman may have had goes out the window. I'm not saying that's not worth signing another backup, but not Green.

- Hackett is more of a slot guy. If we sign him to that short-term deal, what do you do with Reed? And what do you do with our other flanked out receiver spot?

- Tony Richardson 36. Lorenzo Neal 37.

I agree with most of whay you said. But might I add:

Crumpler would be better than what we have and he signed a cheap 2 year contract. It wuld not mean we couldn't put the same emphasis on the TE positon in the draft.

I can't see the bad in adding Johnson for one year. Its not like he signed a one year 7 million deal. I mean the whole subject of this post is if there is so much money where is it gonna go? Try answering that one...

Randy Moss would work for any team that has a qb. Assuming Moss wouldn't work here is a slap in Trents face.

Trent Green is by far the most valuable backup qb that was on the market. He actually wants a backup job, and would be a great mentor to Trent. Which is more important than anything in his career. It doesn't make Losman any less valuable. His value is determined by his talent. It isn't as high as you think it is.

Hackett is not more of a slot guy. You obviously haven't watched him play. As a matter of fact when he was in the starting line up he produced better than Lee Evans did almost every week. He has size, speed, and if the Bills sign him you'll be ecstatic. He is better than Reed! We can afford both.

Lorenzo Neal= man bear pig. Seriously, I would not want to run into a hole and meet him head on. How could you not want him mentoring Lynch? He blocked for LT for crying out loud.

That being said. I'm not unhappy with staying put either. Its just that with 31 million out there to spend, there are some pieces that seem to fit. These short term deals don't put teams in cap hell. I mean who would you rather spend the money on? Then how much is left after you spend it on them? My guess is a lot. I can see having 10 million in cap space but comon. You can't tell me that these would be bad additions.

Instead of wasting money on mediocre players, we're going to need some cash to lock up Evans and Crowell. Keeping your own good players is much more important than overpaying for someone's else's FAs.

The winners of the game do not overpay for mediocrity. Wether it's your own free agent or someone else's It' really about optimal use of the available resources.