What's this about Malcolm Kelly's knees?!!

One knee has been reconstructed and the other is arthritic. I don't believe that we should draft a receiver with our first pick but if we do then I sure hope that we take Limas Sweed.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...1,7751937.story

Wow I've been way on the Kelly bandwagon but if his health is that bad I would stay the hell away.

Wow I've been way on the Kelly bandwagon but if his health is that bad I would stay the hell away.

Funny thing is that if this hadn't made the news, we might have drafted him, and everyone would have applauded the same move that they now express concerns over while giving props to our front office.

If we found out about it in a newspaper article, I'm sure the front office already knows and in a lot more detail.

I guess it's like any other player though. Most players have to constantly deal with old injuries. Remember, Thurman

had major reconstructive knee surgery when he was in college. Worked out pretty well for him.

Guest dog14787
One knee has been reconstructed and the other is arthritic. I don't believe that we should draft a receiver with our first pick but if we do then I sure hope that we take Limas Sweed.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...1,7751937.story

Reconstructive knee surgery I'm sure covers a broad range of possible procedures. If Willis Mcgahee can come back from his major knee reconstruction, Malcom Kelly will be just fine.

Besides, the fact that it did not make the news should tell you something for one. Two, you can't believe everything you read. This would be a nice rumor to start up if you had an interest in Malcom Kelly and picked late in the first round.

I would trust the Bills Doctors and training staff on this call :devil:

For all you Limas Sweed fans, his lower body is lanky and in my opinion he will be more prone to injury then Malcom Kelly. ;)

Reconstructive knee surgery I'm sure covers a broad range of possible procedures. If Willis Mcgahee can come back from his major knee reconstruction, Malcom Kelly will be just fine.

Besides, the fact that it did not make the news should tell you something for one. Two, you can't believe everything you read. This would be a nice rumor to start up if you had an interest in Malcom Kelly and picked late in the first round.

For all you Limas Sweed fans, his lower body is lanky and in my opinion he will be more prone to injury then Malcom Kelly. ;)

It isn`t one knee it is BOFF. ;)

yeah the medical staff was stellar last year with keeping guys on the field

justs saying

hopefully Stroud's ankle does not have recurring problems

Guest dog14787
yeah the medical staff was stellar last year with keeping guys on the field

justs saying

hopefully Stroud's ankle does not have recurring problems

The medical staff can't prevent injuries in most cases, but your right, keeping players on the field was a bit of a problem last year.

Yeah they were pretty lax at handing out the adamantium vitamins. Damn those trainers for failing to prevent broken bones... :devil:

That's sort of teh point.

If teh medical staff are not miracle workers - why handicap them by blowing premium picks on injured players

And Lee Evans? :thumbsup:

Actually, there's a big difference between recovering from an ACL tear, which has become a fairly routine procedure and a non-career threatening injury. That's all that Evans had, and he looked fine his senior year anyway. An arthritic knee? Not so promising. At the time, people say that Josh Reed dropped to the second because of an arthritic knee precursor condition, but as far as I can tell it hasn't really affected him yet. But he's not the best comparison, because he's simply not that great. There are a number of other players (whose names I can't remember) who ended up with abbreviated careers as a consequence of arthritic knees. It can be pretty serious.

Peterson only had a collarbone problem, which in the grand scheme of things is no big deal.

At the time, people say that Josh Reed dropped to the second because of an arthritic knee precursor condition, but as far as I can tell it hasn't really affected him yet. But he's not the best comparison, because he's simply not that great.

It's hard to tell how he runs when he doesn't catch the ball :thumbsup:

Peterson had multiple shoulder issues not just the collarbone.