Should Prostitution Be Legal?

Steely Dan

Legalizing Prostitution  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should Prostitution be legal?

• No, it's immoral and should always be illegal.
    • No, I really don't mind it but it would be more trouble than it's worth.
    • Yes, this is limiting a person's right to use their body as they want.
    • Yes, we aren't putting a dent in it anyway and we could tax the $#!+ out of it!!

You guys and your Holier than thou attitude crack me, oh no, not me, not my friends, give me a break :thumbsup:

No one is saying holier than thou. If I was single, paying for sex-on-demand from a really hot girl would definately be something I did...often. I'm not even saying that when I was single it did not happen.

Since I am married, I can get sex-on-demand from a really hot girl...my wife, without having to pay for it. At least, not paying directly :D

The point being made here is that you are the one who is claiming the moral high ground. You make a mistake, then automatically extrapolate your mistake onto everyone else. Its like a "born again" mentality. Either that or you are just trying to get a rise out of everyone (ala Hogboy).

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
No one is saying holier than thou. If I was single, paying for sex-on-demand from a really hot girl would definately be something I did...often. I'm not even saying that when I was single it did not happen.

Since I am married, I can get sex-on-demand from a really hot girl...my wife, without having to pay for it. At least, not paying directly :D

The point being made here is that you are the one who is claiming the moral high ground. You make a mistake, then automatically extrapolate your mistake onto everyone else. Its like a "born again" mentality. Either that or you are just trying to get a rise out of everyone (ala Hogboy).

Stop pointing out the obvious, I voted yes for legal whoring :D

Someone has to make an argument though or this thread would have petered out a long time ago :thumbsup:

Besides, I'm trying to build my posts back up :lol:

Someone has to make an argument though or this thread would have petered out a long time ago :thumbsup:

Besides, I'm trying to build my posts back up :D

Good show!! Beer for you! :lol:

Besides, I'm trying to build my posts back up :lol:

"I don't actually believe what I'm saying, I'm just saying it to say it"

The mark of a true moron.

He made good use of the VABills response when caught on the wrong end of an asinine argument...

"Haha, i was only kidding and trying to mess with you guys."

Guest dog14787

I didn't say I believed in the legalization of prostitution, I voted yes because time is better spent tracking down thieves, murderers, and rapist.

Yes, I think prostitution should be legalized and then taxed. You'd eliminate pimps and probably crackwhores. You can change prostitution to drugs and make the exact same argument. Legalizing illegal drugs would eliminate drug dealers. The government can then frown upon those activities as much as they want, but look the other way as they always do and gleefully collect their tax money (i.e., smoking cigarettes).

This may have been brought up, but if you regulate drugs, there's going to be some kind of limits in terms of how potent you make them. Someone would create a black market drug that would be mroe potent, so you wouldn't stop "illegal drugs" by doing so.

This may have been brought up, but if you regulate drugs, there's going to be some kind of limits in terms of how potent you make them. Someone would create a black market drug that would be mroe potent, so you wouldn't stop "illegal drugs" by doing so.

Depends on the regulations. Could allow x to have a similar amount of MDMA as what is currently found, coke to be cut at the same purity, etc.

Guest dog14787

I agree with you on the black market, it will always be there.

As far as potency goes though, normally people can just double or triple up on their dosage to get the desired effects.

Guest dog14787
Hmm... Copyright infringement is illegal, did that make it harder for you to do so?

To do so what bluefartforbrains? Are you a lawyer now to? Tell Encyclopedia Britannica to sue me :P

Guest dog14787
Proud of yourself, eh? More hypocrisy.

I'm not perfect, I'm no Holy roller and don't claim to be. So I leave the all false assumption to you.

Guest dog14787
Now he's going to start accusing the rest of us of wanting to act out our private fantasy of copyright infringement.

Oh yes, yes, yes, copyright infringements baby, just give it to me, oh yes :P

Ramius, you need to go to Vegas and get you some of that, don't be a wus, you to bluefart.

Experience prostitution at its finest.

Guest dog14787
lol

Seriously Bluefire, I'm a writer and I don't take infringement laws lightly, especially after losing some lyrics to a song I once wrote. I understand what its like to have someone else take credit for your work and its not a good feeling.

I thought my info about prostitution was from an online encyclopedia, but when I tried a search on it again to get the link , I couldn't find it so out of respect for the law, I deleted the post, because no, I don't want to intentionally break the law.