Should Prostitution Be Legal?

Steely Dan

Legalizing Prostitution  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should Prostitution be legal?

• No, it's immoral and should always be illegal.
    • No, I really don't mind it but it would be more trouble than it's worth.
    • Yes, this is limiting a person's right to use their body as they want.
    • Yes, we aren't putting a dent in it anyway and we could tax the $#!+ out of it!!

Guest dog14787
The larger question is, I think, should it be legal for prositutes to own handguns in the District of Columbia?

damned if you do, damned if you don't, in some places, prostitutes need hand guns or the bad guys rip off the prostitutes.

On the other hand, prostitutes be killing folks and taking all their money :P

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

Is it possible our local Police department could be more tied up with disputes from legal prostitution than they are with illegal prostitution? With an increase in domestic disputes, along with all the problems that will arise from prostitutes being abused, raped or sometimes even killed. ( or prostitutes killing the John I might add ) Its very possible prostitution could need more attention, not less.

When we make prostitution legal, we have given every serial killer or rapist a very easy target. :P

Is it possible our local Police department could be more tied up with disputes from legal prostitution than they are with illegal prostitution? With an increase in domestic disputes, along with all the problems that will arise from prostitutes being abused, raped or sometimes even killed. ( or prostitutes killing the John I might add ) Its very possible prostitution could need more attention, not less.

When we make prostitution legal, we have given every serial killer or rapist a very easy target. :P

Good lord, just when I thought you couldn't have written anything dumber you trump yourself! You really believe that putting prostitutes in one place would increase crime against them rather than how it's done now! :thumbsup: Astounding!

Guest dog14787
Good lord, just when I thought you couldn't have written anything dumber you trump yourself! You really believe that putting prostitutes in one place would increase crime against them rather than how it's done now! :) Astounding!

Who said anything about putting prostitutes in one place, what because its legal they are all going to go nicely to one place like sheep, is this what your thinking? What about independents? what about prostitutes who bend the rules? work out of their home? in your neighborhood even? I said attention from the police could go up and you have zero to offer the conversation except calling me dumb? Don't open a thread up for debate, then call someone dumb because they have different views.

Is it possible our local Police department could be more tied up with disputes from legal prostitution than they are with illegal prostitution?

Uh....no.

With an increase in domestic disputes, along with all the problems that will arise from prostitutes being abused, raped or sometimes even killed. ( or prostitutes killing the John I might add ) Its very possible prostitution could need more attention, not less.

Yeah, cause not of that happens now.

When we make prostitution legal, we have given every serial killer or rapist a very easy target. :)

What??? Where do you get that ignorant crap? JHC....you make molson_goldon over on PPP sound rational.

Guest dog14787
Uh....no.

Yeah, cause not of that happens now.

What??? Where do you get that ignorant crap? JHC....you make molson_goldon over on PPP sound rational.

:wallbash: duh, Ok, I'll just take your word for it.

Did I say it doesn't happen now? :)

I said the law change would set off a whole new set of problems for the police to deal with, which I'm sure some of you are to dense to even understand.

• 3 weeks later...

82% of the people responding to the poll, so far, are for legalizing prostitution. I realize this a man dominated board but I would have to think a majority of the public would agree with it. Once again a small minority makes the decisions for the majority. Just like medical marijuana. <_<

82% of the people responding to the poll, so far, are for legalizing prostitution. I realize this a man dominated board but I would have to think a majority of the public would agree with it. Once again a small minority makes the decisions for the majority. Just like medical marijuana. <_<

Is that more or less disturbing than the majority wanting to put the government in charge of people getting laid?

Is that more or less disturbing than the majority wanting to put the government in charge of people getting laid?

I suspect the majority of people here couldn't get laid without some sort of government assistance.

But he would be smart enough to use the proper version of "too". Keep going, post whore.

For the police to deal with is right. If he had said the police need to deal with this too. Then that version of too is needed.

1 a—used as a function word to indicate movement or an action or condition suggestive of movement toward a place, person, or thing reached <drove to the city><went back to the original idea><went to lunch> b—used as a function word to indicate direction <a mile to the south><turned his back to the door><a tendency to silliness> c—used as a function word to indicate contact or proximity <applied polish to the table><put her hand to her heart> d (1)—used as a function word to indicate the place or point that is the far limit <100 miles to the nearest town> (2)—used as a function word to indicate the limit of extent <stripped to the waist> e—used as a function word to indicate relative position <perpendicular to the floor>2 a—used as a function word to indicate purpose, intention, tendency, result, or end <came to our aid><drink to his health> b—used as a function word to indicate the result of an action or a process <broken all to pieces><go to seed><to their surprise, the train left on time>3 —used as a function word to indicate position or relation in time: as a: before <five minutes to five> b: till <from eight to five> <up to now> 4—used as a function word to indicate addition, attachment, connection, belonging, possession, accompaniment, or response <the key to the door><danced to live music><comes to her call>5—used as a function word (1) to indicate the extent or degree (as of completeness or accuracy) <loyal to a man><generous to a fault> or the extent and result (as of an action or a condition) <beaten to death> (2) to indicate the last or an intermediate point of a series <moderate to cool temperatures>6 a—used as a function word (1) to indicate a relation to one that serves as a standard <inferior to her earlier works> (2) to indicate similarity, correspondence, dissimilarity, or proportion <compared him to a god> b—used as a function word to indicate agreement or conformity <add salt to taste><to my knowledge> c—used as a function word to indicate a proportion in terms of numbers or quantities <400 to the box><odds of ten to one>7 a—used as a function word (1) to indicate the application of an adjective or a noun <agreeable to everyone><attitude to friends><title to the property> (2) to indicate the relation of a verb to its complement or to a complementary element <refers to the traditions><refers us to the traditions> (3) to indicate the receiver of an action or the one for which something is done or exists <spoke to his mother><gives a dollar to the man> and often used with a reflexive pronoun to indicate exclusiveness (as of possession) or separateness <had the house to themselves><thought to herself> b—used as a function word to indicate agency <falls to his opponent's blows>8—used as a function word to indicate that the following verb is an infinitive <wants to go> and often used by itself at the end of a clause in place of an infinitive suggested by the preceding context <knows more than she seems to>

Learn more about "to"

Too;

1: besides, also <sell the house and furniture too>2 a: to an excessive degree : excessively <too large a house for us> b: to such a degree as to be regrettable <this time he has gone too far> c: very <didn't seem too interested>3: so 2d <“I didn't do it.” “You did too.”>

• 1 month later...
Has Eliot Spitzer voted yet?

:blink:

That's what's so odd. Even someone who doesn't believe it's morally wrong is scared to stand up and say that it's a losing battle that needs to be zoned and legalized. I think it's that too many people are afraid to publicly voice their opinions due to being perceived as immoral but the silent majority exists on this issue.

Did you actually call someone a post whore? :blink:

A post whore is someone who posts a lot of messages on a forum just for the sake of posting. Someone who posts a large volume but contributes to discussions, such as AD, is thus not a post whore.

For the police to deal with is right. If he had said the police need to deal with this too. Then that version of too is needed.

1 a—used as a function word to indicate movement or an action or condition suggestive of movement toward a place, person, or thing reached <drove to the city><went back to the original idea><went to lunch> b—used as a function word to indicate direction <a mile to the south><turned his back to the door><a tendency to silliness> c—used as a function word to indicate contact or proximity <applied polish to the table><put her hand to her heart> d (1)—used as a function word to indicate the place or point that is the far limit <100 miles to the nearest town> (2)—used as a function word to indicate the limit of extent <stripped to the waist> e—used as a function word to indicate relative position <perpendicular to the floor>2 a—used as a function word to indicate purpose, intention, tendency, result, or end <came to our aid><drink to his health> b—used as a function word to indicate the result of an action or a process <broken all to pieces><go to seed><to their surprise, the train left on time>3 —used as a function word to indicate position or relation in time: as a: before <five minutes to five> b: till <from eight to five> <up to now> 4—used as a function word to indicate addition, attachment, connection, belonging, possession, accompaniment, or response <the key to the door><danced to live music><comes to her call>5—used as a function word (1) to indicate the extent or degree (as of completeness or accuracy) <loyal to a man><generous to a fault> or the extent and result (as of an action or a condition) <beaten to death> (2) to indicate the last or an intermediate point of a series <moderate to cool temperatures>6 a—used as a function word (1) to indicate a relation to one that serves as a standard <inferior to her earlier works> (2) to indicate similarity, correspondence, dissimilarity, or proportion <compared him to a god> b—used as a function word to indicate agreement or conformity <add salt to taste><to my knowledge> c—used as a function word to indicate a proportion in terms of numbers or quantities <400 to the box><odds of ten to one>7 a—used as a function word (1) to indicate the application of an adjective or a noun <agreeable to everyone><attitude to friends><title to the property> (2) to indicate the relation of a verb to its complement or to a complementary element <refers to the traditions><refers us to the traditions> (3) to indicate the receiver of an action or the one for which something is done or exists <spoke to his mother><gives a dollar to the man> and often used with a reflexive pronoun to indicate exclusiveness (as of possession) or separateness <had the house to themselves><thought to herself> b—used as a function word to indicate agency <falls to his opponent's blows>8—used as a function word to indicate that the following verb is an infinitive <wants to go> and often used by itself at the end of a clause in place of an infinitive suggested by the preceding context <knows more than she seems to>

Learn more about "to"

Too;

1: besides, also <sell the house and furniture too>2 a: to an excessive degree : excessively <too large a house for us> b: to such a degree as to be regrettable <this time he has gone too far> c: very <didn't seem too interested>3: so 2d <“I didn't do it.” “You did too.”>

Dude, seriously. STFU. Try and figure out which "to" he used incorrectly. There are 3 to choose from. When you finally figure it out, understand that I'm pretty much the last person around here who is going to need your help with ANYTHING. Even you aren't too dense to figure that out.