Tamiflu.............anybody ever taken this for the flu?

Stl Bills

Yeah I know it doesn't work for every strand of the flu but has anyone ever had good results from taking Tamiflu? I'd give my right arm just not to feel like this anymore, this sucks balls :cry:;):lol::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just got over the flu a few days ago, had it for 4 solid days, came out of nowhere and was brutal. Best thing I can recommend is lots of Water/Gatorade, crackers, Tylenol, and REST. Sleep as much as you can.

its benefits only come if you use it within 48 hours of contracting the virus. And even if you do, it only shortens the duration of the flu by 1 day. Its a lot of hype.

And it has the wonderful added side effect of potentially causing neuropsychiatric events (particularly in adolescents).

Any of the 'cure' remedies are nothing but modern day snake oils. If someone feels better the next day it simply means they had a very mild case. Theraflu works well for temporary relief of symptoms, but otherwise, rest, lots of fluids and good chicken noodle soup are the best things for you.

At least you have a good excuse to watch basketball all weekend!

Yeah I know it doesn't work for every strand of the flu but has anyone ever had good results from taking Tamiflu? I'd give my right arm just not to feel like this anymore, this sucks balls :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not much you can do this year. I know dozens of people who don't feel they've completely shaken the flu even months after getting it this season. On the other hand, I got the flu shot in November and haven't had so much as a sniffle despite being around these sick f*cks all the time. I've skipped the shot in previous years and always get sick at least once when I have, never gonna' skip it again.

Yeah I know it doesn't work for every strand of the flu but has anyone ever had good results from taking Tamiflu? I'd give my right arm just not to feel like this anymore, this sucks balls :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So, did you use Tamiflu? If so, do you think it helped?

Just curious.

knock on wood, never have gotten a flu shot and very rarely do i succumb to flu-bugs, went through the ex and the kids this year, i had a slight twinge in my stomache for maybe 30 minutes and like i said, knock on wood, have remained flu free again this year...massive consumption of garlic and beer is the only thing I can think of that keeps me fat, drunk, stupid, yet healthy...and my numbers from the doctor back me up......

Not much you can do this year. I know dozens of people who don't feel they've completely shaken the flu even months after getting it this season. On the other hand, I got the flu shot in November and haven't had so much as a sniffle despite being around these sick f*cks all the time. I've skipped the shot in previous years and always get sick at least once when I have, never gonna' skip it again.

knock on wood, never have gotten a flu shot and very rarely do i succumb to flu-bugs, went through the ex and the kids this year, i had a slight twinge in my stomache for maybe 30 minutes and like i said, knock on wood, have remained flu free again this year...massive consumption of garlic and beer is the only thing I can think of that keeps me fat, drunk, stupid, yet healthy...and my numbers from the doctor back me up......

I usually get a flu shot (maybe about 3 of 5 years), but haven't found it makes a real difference, for me. I get the fly EVERY year, flu shot, or no. Last year I got the shot, and still had a very debilitating case of the flu that lasted a long time. I heard they didn't guess right on the strain in the flu shot for the year (maybe it was two years ago).

This year, I didn't get the shot and so far...well...let's not jinx it.

Consider yourself lucky. The flu this year is awful. I have never felt so bad. I started feeling sick on Saturday and haven't been to work since Sunday. I have had all the wonderful things that the flu would bring, a fever that won't go away (anywhere from 100.5-102.8 degrees). It has fluctuated all week. Wednesday I was starting to feel better, the chills and aches were gone and so was the fever, but the next morning, I was back up to 102.5 degrees. :lol: I also have a very bad cough that hurt that hurts my ribs when I cough and my throat hurts too, plus is filled with lots of crap. My nose won't stop being congested. Oh and today is my birthday. Woo hoo! What a great way to celebrate, home sick with the flu. :rolleyes: I have been driving lots of juice, gatorade, eating crackers, and my doctor gave me a couple different cough prescriptions. I also have been taking the tylenol all week, along with sudafed (the stuff that you have to buy from behind the pharmacy counter), and mucinex DM. I have noticed a bit of difference. The fever seems like it is starting to go away and I'm not coughing as much. But overall, this really sucks! :lol:

At least you have a good excuse to watch basketball all weekend!

I never get sick but on Thursday I actually had to leave work early cuz something wasn't right. You should have seen/heard the smirks and snickering when I went to go home because I suddenly wasn't feeling well just an hour before the tournament started.

Even though I've lost 6 lbs after spending the day 'chucking like the BringmeaBucket guy nobody's ever going to believe a word of it. :lol:

I never get sick but on Thursday I actually had to leave work early cuz something wasn't right. You should have seen/heard the smirks and snickering when I went to go home because I suddenly wasn't feeling well just an hour before the tournament started.

Even though I've lost 6 lbs after spending the day 'chucking like the BringmeaBucket guy nobody's ever going to believe a word of it. :wallbash:

Mr. Creosote?

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0027888/

Even though I've lost 6 lbs after spending the day 'chucking like the BringmeaBucket guy nobody's ever going to believe a word of it. :wallbash:

;)

I actually had minor surgery on Thursday morning, so needed to spend the rest of the day on the couch.

No, seriously...I did!

Hope you are feeling better.