Preemptive Strike: Kenoy Kennedy

JoeF

I hate those threads just as much as you do, but I'd love to have Kennedy as a backup option at safety. He's a good player, and hits like a ton of bricks.

And those 2 clips? Who cares. Peterson was faking guys out of their jocks on almost every play last season. And the other clip, he made the tackle, so I dont see what the big deal is.

He's a better option than anyone else out there, as well as on our roster. Count me in.

I hate those threads just as much as you do, but I'd love to have Kennedy as a backup option at safety. He's a good player, and hits like a ton of bricks.

And those 2 clips? Who cares. Peterson was faking guys out of their jocks on almost every play last season. And the other clip, he made the tackle, so I dont see what the big deal is.

He's a better option than anyone else out there, as well as on our roster. Count me in.

Peterson-That wasn't just a fake out...that was a defender who was the absolute last line of defense freezing, not being aggressive and looking really, really bad. Yes--I agree Peterson is great--but Kennedy didn't even try. He froze like a deer in the headlights...there are other backs in the league including Lynch who would have left him in the dust on that play. He let the ball carrier control the play instead of trying to make the play..no excuse on the goal line for that. Listen to TJ's analysis -- he nails it--if you are going to miss him you might as well miss him going forward...awful, awful play.

On the play by Sellers -- he had a chance to get his pad level low and did not -- consequently he got run over--if Sellers had any balance he would have left him the dust. Sellers actually got lower than Kennedy...you expect more from an 8 year vet..

Kennedy might be a big hitter--but those two clips show me he might be well past his prime...just my opinion -- but when you are getting cut by Detroit and they felt so strongly about replacing you they went after RFA it might be time to go to real estate school or something...

Peterson-That wasn't just a fake out...that was a defender who was the absolute last line of defense freezing, not being aggressive and looking really, really bad. Yes--I agree Peterson is great--but Kennedy didn't even try. He froze like a deer in the headlights...there are other backs in the league including Lynch who would have left him in the dust on that play. He let the ball carrier control the play instead of trying to make the play..no excuse on the goal line for that. Listen to TJ's analysis -- he nails it--if you are going to miss him you might as well miss him going forward...awful, awful play.

On the play by Sellers -- he had a chance to get his pad level low and did not -- consequently he got run over--if Sellers had any balance he would have left him the dust. Sellers actually got lower than Kennedy...you expect more from an 8 year vet..

Kennedy might be a big hitter--but those two clips show me he might be well past his prime...just my opinion -- but when you are getting cut by Detroit and they felt so strongly about replacing you they went after RFA it might be time to go to real estate school or something...

Name me a player who has never been faked out or made a bad play. What do you expect from a backup safety? Do you think we should trade for Ed Reed to be our backup, I bet he makes less mistakes. HE IS A BACKUP SAFETY.

Name me a player who has never been faked out or made a bad play. What do you expect from a backup safety? Do you think we should trade for Ed Reed to be our backup, I bet he makes less mistakes. HE IS A BACKUP SAFETY.

Kennedy has started almost his whole career. The Bills are looking for a starting strong safety not a back-up...That was the word when they brought McCree in...they want to move Whitner to Free so he can roam and free lance more.

The choice isn't Ed Reed -- don't over dramatize--

The choice is keeping Whitner at Strong and putting Simpson back at Free. I'd much rather have that than rely on Kennedy as a starter. If we want a back up--bringing back Scott would be cheaper..he made quite a few plays in the run game when he got on the field.

Everyone makes bad plays...not everyone ends up on the highlight reel as particularly awful--he had two in one year..

Kennedy has started almost his whole career. The Bills are looking for a starting strong safety not a back-up...That was the word when they brought McCree in...they want to move Whitner to Free so he can roam and free lance more.

The choice isn't Ed Reed -- don't over dramatize--

The choice is keeping Whitner at Strong and putting Simpson back at Free. I'd much rather have that than rely on Kennedy as a starter. If we want a back up--bringing back Scott would be cheaper..he made quite a few plays in the run game when he got on the field.

Everyone makes bad plays...not everyone ends up on the highlight reel as particularly awful--he had two in one year..

First of all, you nor anyone else, knows what the Bills are looking for. McCree said he wanted to be here, but also wanted to go somewhere where he had the chance to start, and then chose Denver. Obviously, we did not offer him that chance, or he would have been here.

And, I said Kennedy as a back up would be a good idea, I said nothing of him starting.

First of all, you nor anyone else, knows what the Bills are looking for. McCree said he wanted to be here, but also wanted to go somewhere where he had the chance to start, and then chose Denver. Obviously, we did not offer him that chance, or he would have been here.

And, I said Kennedy as a back up would be a good idea, I said nothing of him starting.

Why are you so combative? Even as a back-up the film doesn't lie--his skills are deteriorating..why waste the money when there are going to be cheaper options.

As to What the Bills coaching staff is thinking. I can only go on what I read and this seems pretty clear.

From Chris Brown--this week's Fan Q&A. Keep spewing crap and I will keep responding..I have the flu -- nothing better to do today..

It has been mentioned in your blog that the Bills were looking to improve at SS, and that they wanted to slide Whitner to FS to exploit the best of his capacities.

Is this just in case of injury, or is it considered as a possible permanent move?

If it's the latter, could it be related to Ko's injury, or are they looking to upgrade their other starting safety, even with Ko healthy?

Thank you

Happy Lee

CB: I think the Bills are looking at ways to put Whitner in more of a playmaking position. In this scheme it's very difficult for the strong safety to make a lot of plays on the ball. I think it's part of the reason why his interceptions haven't been numerous over his first two seasons. I think if they found the right person to play strong safety they would consider making Whitner the free safety on a permanent basis.

I honestly think it has less to do with Ko and his injury and more to do with what they think Whitner is capable of.

McCree said he wanted to be here, but also wanted to go somewhere where he had the chance to start, and then chose Denver. Obviously, we did not offer him that chance, or he would have been here.

The second sentence doesn't follow from the first. McCree could've chosen Denver for any of several million other reasons which had nothing whatsoever to do with him being told the Bills don't give players a fair shot to compete for starting positions because of other's draft luster and gleam.