What happens if war with Iran breaks out?

Adam

My uneducated opinion is that they cut off our oil supply and our economy severely gets damaged. Having been pretty sick for about three months, I am too busy getting caught up to do any research into this- can anyone either validate or shoot that down for me (I have a feeling I will see a bit of both) :thumbsup:

If you like fiction, maybe you will like this:

http://www.rense.com/general69/dayone.htm

What is the chance on that lucky shot?

I hoping there is absolutely no "seams" when protecting the straits... Or is there?

It wouldn't have to be a lucky shot. The Iranians can plug a tanker if they want to. I don't think they would want to though. But, depending on how good the Sunburn missle is they might actually be able to plug a few of our ships, something that would be a huge prestiage deflater for us, and something the military would want to avoid.

If Iran wanted to interfere with the oil it could just turn off its own oil and say the US bombed the pipeline. We would get the blame for the resulting economic choas.

Really though, if Iran wanted to take the war to us after a strike, there are 160,000 targets sitting right in Iraq. Iran would bring more sophistated weapons to bear against those troops, and tanks would be damaged or destroyed, helocopters would be shot down, more mines would appear etc. It would be a mess times ten.

It wouldn't have to be a lucky shot. The Iranians can plug a tanker if they want to. I don't think they would want to though. But, depending on how good the Sunburn missle is they might actually be able to plug a few of our ships, something that would be a huge prestiage deflater for us, and something the military would want to avoid.

Based on your complete lack of understanding of the both operational employment of the missiles and US operational abilities to counter them. Really, you're basing your judgement of Iranian ability on "Well...Sunburns are fast..."?

THIS is why everyone thinks you're a moron.

Really though, if Iran wanted to take the war to us after a strike, there are 160,000 targets sitting right in Iraq. Iran would bring more sophistated weapons to bear against those troops, and tanks would be damaged or destroyed, helocopters would be shot down, more mines would appear etc. It would be a mess times ten.

That's the real key point. We do anything, there's a great big occupation force we have hanging out there that is not oriented to protecting itself against an external threat.

1) Based on your complete lack of understanding of the both operational employment of the missiles and US operational abilities to counter them. Really, you're basing your judgement of Iranian ability on "Well...Sunburns are fast..."?

2) That's the real key point. We do anything, there's a great big occupation force we have hanging out there that is not oriented to protecting itself against an external threat.

1) I understand something about both, but there are things I do not know, that's why I said "might." What you don't know can kill you. Hey Mr. Bull Sh--er, if you know something about this do tell us. I don't think you do but I'm willing to listen, but somehow, like last time, I think you will just shout out some snide remark and try and hide your ignorance. Tell us why there is no chance for Iran to hit anything with a missile

2) Yes, an occupation force that is already crying about Iranaian weapons killing them. Imagine if Iran completely takes the gloves off and starts full operational attacks against the already overstretched military in Iraq. If you don't think that would cause major probalems then you are as stupid as I already think you are.

1) I understand something about both, but there are things I do not know, that's why I said "might." What you don't know can kill you. Hey Mr. Bull Sh--er, if you know something about this do tell us. I don't think you do but I'm willing to listen, but somehow, like last time, I think you will just shout out some snide remark and try and hide your ignorance. Tell us why there is no chance for Iran to hit anything with a missile

Actually, last time the argument went something like:

Me: "Do you know anything about the Iranian C3, search, and tracking elements that are a prerequisite for successfully launching an anti-ship missile, and how those elements would survive and operate in a high-threat environment implied by US military action?"

You: "D'uh....."

Me: "Thought so. Shut up, dumbass."

I dont' see how that argument's changed. You're still persisting in the unbelievably small-minded belief that the entire operational situation in the Persian Gulf and Straits of Hormuz reduces to "Iran has anti-ship missiles! Everybody panic!" Once again, you don't know what you're talking about.

2) Yes, an occupation force that is already crying about Iranaian weapons killing them. Imagine if Iran completely takes the gloves off and starts full operational attacks against the already overstretched military in Iraq. If you don't think that would cause major probalems then you are as stupid as I already think you are.

I was agreeing with you, you moron. I've been spouting the "Iran loves having a US military force in Iraq exposed to their actions" since before you could read.

Actually, last time the argument went something like:

Me: "Do you know anything about the Iranian C3, search, and tracking elements that are a prerequisite for successfully launching an anti-ship missile, and how those elements would survive and operate in a high-threat environment implied by US military action?"

You: "D'uh....."

Me: "Thought so. Shut up, dumbass."

I dont' see how that argument's changed. You're still persisting in the unbelievably small-minded belief that the entire operational situation in the Persian Gulf and Straits of Hormuz reduces to "Iran has anti-ship missiles! Everybody panic!" Once again, you don't know what you're talking about.

I was agreeing with you, you moron. I've been spouting the "Iran loves having a US military force in Iraq exposed to their actions" since before you could read.

You need to read what I write. I never said panic at all, I actually said Iran probably wouldn't go that route anyway so this is all an academic exercise.

And actually what you said last time I asked you to explain your load of bull was, and I quote: "It's not my job to educate you." And you stormed out. Great argument!