Trade scenario I like

Got_Wood

You're not too smart a ya?

Gee, do ya think those gross stats have anything to do with Eli starting over twice as many games as JP, and not being jerked in and out every few games to boot? Duh! And of course, it wouldn't have anything to do with all those sacks (that JP has taken) that the Giants have had an offensive line superior to ours (even last year), a better rushing attack, better receivers and tight ends, and a far superior defense then we've had over those four years?

Apples to oranges is right, but not for the reasons you cited.

But actually, I liked how you left out of those telling stats above (you know the ones where Eli has thrown for more yards and TDs playing twice as many games over four years) that Eli has a career QB rating (73.4) that is lower than JPs (77.3), and that in his four years he's never posted a single season QB rating over 77, let alone posted one like JP did in 2006 at 85.

And I've watched plenty of Eli's games where he has made tons of mistakes, taken untimely sacks, thrown bad INTs and has looked awful, playing for a far better team then JP did.

But just keep stating those opinions with authority dude. You may actually convince someone out there that you know what your talking about!

Bravo, nice to see some Bills fans with real football intelligence. Way too many "follow the mob" type of fan around here.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has? Do you honestly think JP has been given a fair chance? JP has been jerked around his whole career

I can't say he has been jerked around his whole career, just some of the time. He has been given some chances which he has done very little with.

Thing is, it takes the right system, right supporting cast, right coaches sometimes to get the best out of a player. Someone like Eli may have done more with his career based on a better supporting cast.

I don't think he will be a star in this league, he just seems a little scatterbrained.

Otherwise, if we could use him in a trade scenario, I am totally for it. Don't think he is worth more than a 4th rounder though.

Bravo, nice to some Bills fans with real football intelligence. Way too many "follow the mob" type of fan around here.

Good God, get serious please. JP Losman sucked. He still sucks, and chances are he will always suck.

Not that you should care, but I happen to consider you a top notch poster on TSW. Why is it so hard for you to face reality wrt a quarterback who sucks?

Good God, get serious please. JP Losman sucked. He still sucks, and chances are he will always suck.

Not that you should care, but I happen to consider you a top notch poster on TSW. Why is it so hard for you to face reality wrt a quarterback who sucks?

I feel the same way about you, I too consider you to be a top notch poster, but we clearly have a differing of opinions regarding Losman. I think his story has yet to be written. He's still an unknown quantity to me. Yes, there's every chance that he's a clueless headed guy that will never be good enough to lead an NFL team. However, I also think that there's just as good a chance that he's a jewel that simply needs more polishing. This Bills team has been very bad, with a good very many bad players and very bad coaches. I look at who was the starters on our team in '06 and it's amazing to me that Losman was able to have as good of a season as he did. So there you have it, I refuse to give up on a player who I know has had it as bad as it gets in terms of support from coaching and player personnel. Eli Manning took 16 more starts than Losman to finally "get it". The Bills seem intent on throwing away four years of QB development prematurely. I think that you will see Losman back because the Bills still have lingering doubts about how Edwards finished the '07 season. The thought that NFL defenses had maybe caught up to his checkdown game and that's the reason why he may have struggled so badly. Losman will be the wildcard insurance policy should Edwards fail to come out of his checkdown bubble. If Trent does not have the arm to punish defenses crowding the line or if he can't stay away from IR, I think that Losman will be getting one more final shot with this team.

Too attached? I don't care, I like Trent lol. All I'm saying is he was not even close to being a "sleeper."

He was the 4th QB selected though, and it was kind of out of desperation to fill the position.

To put this into the proper perspective, here are the 4th QB's picked in the last 3 drafts:

2007 - John Beck

2006 - Kellen Clemens

2005 - Charlie Frye

Not the best options. These were not the top choices of anyone in the league. Get my point? Those type of guys were Brady Quinn, Jemarcus Russell, Vince Young, and Jay Cutler.

Anyway, I get that there are people who like JP. It just doesn't make sense that people want to "circle the wagons" again with him. I'm ready to move on, and I aint ridin' the bandwagon.

He was the 4th QB selected though, and it was kind of out of desperation to fill the position.

To put this into the proper perspective, here are the 4th QB's picked in the last 3 drafts:

2007 - John Beck

2006 - Kellen Clemens

2005 - Charlie Frye

Not the best options. These were not the top choices of anyone in the league. Get my point? Those type of guys were Brady Quinn, Jemarcus Russell, Vince Young, and Jay Cutler.

Anyway, I get that there are people who like JP. It just doesn't make sense that people want to "circle the wagons" again with him. I'm ready to move on, and I aint ridin' the bandwagon.

What the hell do quarterbacks picked in other drafts have to do with Losman being a sleeper?