Poor Fez, Microsoft considering Blu-ray for Xbox 360

Just Jack

Sony: Microsoft considering Blu-ray for Xbox 360

Rumors of a Blu-ray drive—or even built-in Blu-ray—for the Xbox 360 have been floating around since HD DVD bit the dust, but now a Sony exec confirms that Microsoft has, indeed, been thinking Blu thoughts.

According to the Financial Times, Sony Electronics U.S. president Stan Glasgow says both Sony and Microsoft have been discussing bringing Blu-ray to the Xbox 360. Talks are also underway with Apple, Glasgow said.

---rest of the article at the link above---

if they do go to Blu-Ray, then it won't really matter much what system you have, except for maybe the handful of games that are exclusive to only the one system.

Normally I had stuck with the Sony systems, but this time I went with a 360 because I got a great deal on it (and I had hoped I could mod it like the older ones and load all of my brothers old X-box games onto it. From what he read if you do mod it, it won't work for X-box Live. The one thing I didn't like about the X-box 360 though is that you have to buy the drive seperatly to watch your movies on it, unlike the PS3 that runs the Blu-Ray disks right off the main drive.