Bonds’ homer No. 762 a bizarre mystery

Just Jack

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ys-b...o&type=lgns

Barry Bonds blasted his 762nd home run at Coors Field on Sept. 5, 2007.

In the six months since, the greatest mystery hasn’t been when, or if, the all-time home run king will play again, but who walked away with the record-setting baseball.

That intrigue ended Thursday at a news conference in Denver where the holder of the ball, Jameson Sutton, was revealed. Sutton will put the ball up for auction. SCP Auctions says it could bring $1 million.

The best lines from the article.....

The other fan, it turned out, is a notorious ballhawk from San Francisco named Jake Frazier, a 26-year-old Giants fan who works “in the medical marijuana business” and attends about 100 games a year, both at home and on the road.

Frazier has caught thousands of batting practice balls – some in stylish, behind-the-back fashion – and more than 25 game home runs, including three from Bonds. He’s also known for crashing into people and reaching in front of them for balls – so known, in fact, that other ballhawks in the Bay Area (and beyond) now describe themselves as getting “jaked” whenever anybody denies them.

Frazier had an excuse for his failure: “I’m always stoned to the bone during games. I’d been smoking big weed about 10 minutes before that (expletive) guy hit that ball, so they had a little advantage on me.”