Scout.com: Bills meet with DT prospect Derek Landri

Audio: Landri Visits Buffalo, St. Louis

Buffalo: "They like to bring kids in that will come in, fit in right away and excel."

From his Draft Countdown.com predraft bio, he sounds like the typical D-lineman selection we've made over the last few years. Ie high motor white guy (see Schobel, Denney, Kelsay, Anderson and Williams). I'm also slightly concerned that he sounds like another 3 type DT when we already have Tripplett, Walker and McCargo who could fill that role but still lack a true NT.

For more scouting reports visit his NFL.com predraft bio and CNNSI predraft bio.

Looks like a good prospect to me. It seems like the Bills want as many front 7 people to attack the QB. They have two great safetys to cover in back. I think he fits our scheme.

Sabres are kicking ass tonight!

I made a post that is still on the front page from an interview with Marv on 2/16/07. While it was stated that the O-line and run defense were specifically as areas of need they weren't mentioned as draft options by Levy. It appears that I'm wrong in my interpetation of it but now that the Bills have had a DT in for a visit I'm thinking that we could be taking another DT in this year's draft.

If this is accurate then I think that we make it alittle bit more of a priority and draft a DT that would be more of a runstuffer. If we are going to do it then let's do it right. I'd like to see anywheres from Akoye to Harrell before we use a mid-day pick on this position. I didn't mention Branch for two reasons. One, I really didn't see alot of him and the second reason is I really don't feel comfortable with the current things I've read about him.

I would not mind at all if we used our first two to three current picks on defense. Picking DT, CB and LB in any order is fine by me. The RB position can be addressed somewheres in the 3rd rd and/or by free agency.