What about offensive line in the first round?

Until now, I have shunned and avoided any sort of outlandish prediction so here goes:

On draft day Buffalo trades the third it got for Willis and swaps rd1 picks with the Chicago Bears to obtain Lance Briggs.

They then use the 31st pick on the best player on the board, which as "value" goes (the very complicated, sometimes incalculable value that Marv alluded to) a RG or C may be the highest on their list. And with their next pick only 12 picks away, they have a WR on tap. They find their came-from-nowhere RB in the 3rd, and then have all the freedom in the world as they filled a LB need, amassed a mammoth OL which will make our rookie RB's job a cake walk, and found Lee's compliment..

now I don't want to sound over optimistic here, but I'm preeeetty sure 19-0 would be on the horizon if this transpires next Saturday...

I'm never going to object to taking another offensive lineman. That said, I think we also need two LBs, so adding Briggs only gets us halfway there. Lawrence Timmons might be on the board then, and he'd make our D fierce. Additionally, I think CB is still a higher need than WR.

Still - Ben Grubbs would be a nice touch. I just don't know if you can count on the came-from-nowhere RB in the third. DOesn't happen that often.

I also would not have a big problem drafting an O lineman or even better a D lineman, however

I kind of doubt this is going to happen.

why?

financial reasons? seems that if Chicago would agree to it (which I don't know why they would turn down moving up 19 spots in the 1st round and pick up another 3rd) and the Bills could afford it, it's a win win.

Tell you what, VGB. I've seen many mocks on this board, some good some bad. I like this one. Briggs, Grubbs or Kalil and best WR on deck. Real nice. :wallbash:

Thank you.

I'm never going to object to taking another offensive lineman. That said, I think we also need two LBs, so adding Briggs only gets us halfway there. Lawrence Timmons might be on the board then, and he'd make our D fierce. Additionally, I think CB is still a higher need than WR.

Still - Ben Grubbs would be a nice touch. I just don't know if you can count on the came-from-nowhere RB in the third. DOesn't happen that often.

CB may not be so much of a need. It depends what the brass thinks of Youboty. Us fans have no clue how good he is, but DJ and ML do because they have seen him in practice. But if the Bills do draft Leon Hall, let's say, it just means that the brass have no confidence in Ashton. So how they draft will determine how good Youboty is. Taking Hughes from Cal in the third might be the best route.