Colombia Volcano Erupts

VRWC

Source for your CO2 figures?

Even if true, it misses the point. His jab only illustrates the underlying view that 'we should only act if GW can be proved to be man-made.'

If it were true, it would still be bad, even if it were natural. Heightened volcanism is argued to be the cause of several of the earths many mass extinctions. If we were to have the bad luck to have a dozen major eruptions within a few years, and atmospheric patterns shifted as a result, I'm sure it will make us all feel better knowing that man isn't to blame.

Hard to believe (not really) that Al Gore is so behind the curve on telling us about this one... it's a human - ok American - ok Republican/Conservative caused problem once again. Republican/Conservatives are all fat. There are more Republican/Conservatives now than ever before and when they gather together like they do their collective mass causes tectonic plate shifting. This is the real root cause of this increased volcanic activity. Ronald Regan started it and Global Warming Bush is finishing the job.

Even if true, it misses the point. His jab only illustrates the underlying view that 'we should only act if GW can be proved to be man-made.'

If it were true, it would still be bad, even if it were natural. Heightened volcanism is argued to be the cause of several of the earths many mass extinctions. If we were to have the bad luck to have a dozen major eruptions within a few years, and atmospheric patterns shifted as a result, I'm sure it will make us all feel better knowing that man isn't to blame.

Are you advocating man attempting to control nature? How many examples would you like of us screwing that up?

Are you advocating man attempting to control nature? How many examples would you like of us screwing that up?

And anything you screw up at first is not worth trying to get right. Now I understand how you made it through school.

Should we abandon modern medicine? Seems to me there were plenty of examples before it where the cures were worse than the problems.

And lets put it another way. Let us suppose for arguments sake that you are do not deny climate change, but are a 'we need more study' advocate. Suppose 10 years from now we conclude to your satisfaction that it is here and irreversible - even the overnight disappearance of civilization will not reverse the new patterns or bring back todays conveyors. Would you still advocate man not trying his hand at fixing the problem?

And anything you screw up at first is not worth trying to get right. Now I understand how you made it through school.

Yeah, that's what I said. I'm shocked you buy the global warming thing, since your ability to get super emotional on the issue is exactly what the chicken littles are counting on.

Should we abandon modern medicine? Seems to me there were plenty of examples before it where the cures were worse than the problems.

Yep, that's a great analogy. There's little difference between killing a few groups of humans and screwing up the only planet we have. Again, I'm not against sensible things where the environment in concerned and I wholeheartedly agree that our water, air, and land are too dirty and we need to change that immediately with the long term global economy AND the planet in mind. I just don't buy global warming or the draconian bull sh-- that goes with it.

And lets put it another way. Let us suppose for arguments sake that you are do not deny climate change, but are a 'we need more study' advocate. Suppose 10 years from now we conclude to your satisfaction that it is here and irreversible - even the overnight disappearance of civilization will not reverse the new patterns or bring back todays conveyors. Would you still advocate man not trying his hand at fixing the problem?

Yep, in only ten years it'll be too late. Nevermind that the medieval period was warmer and we somehow managed to get throught it. Never mind that there are SIGNIFICANT unanswered questions and SERIOUS political issues behind this movement. Never mind that Mother Nature is going to do whatever the hell she wants, regardless of what we do. If we only did something right now, we could stave off the elimination that's right around the corner - except that virtually NONE of the predictions or modeling has been correct to date (don't worry, you have faith that one day it will be).

Yep, the sky is falling. Only it isn't. The one thing I've learned in this life is if it smells like a Frankenstein mob with political backing, it probably is.

Yep, in only ten years it'll be too late. Nevermind that the medieval period was warmer and we somehow managed to get throught it. Never mind that there are SIGNIFICANT unanswered questions and SERIOUS political issues behind this movement. Never mind that Mother Nature is going to do whatever the hell she wants, regardless of what we do. If we only did something right now, we could stave off the elimination that's right around the corner - except that virtually NONE of the predictions or modeling has been correct to date (don't worry, you have faith that one day it will be).

Yep, the sky is falling. Only it isn't. The one thing I've learned in this life is if it smells like a Frankenstein mob with political backing, it probably is.

Possible dynamics that would allow one to conclude that there is so much inertia behind the shift that it is already too late have been speculated upon ad naseuem. For you do say that it could never happen, just to get out of the question, is pure intellectual dishonesty. It is tempting to think that you too dumb to imagine a scenario for yourself, and that you are simply too dumb to understand how different local warming and cooling periods can be driven by different factors, some short term and some long term. But that's not it. You're simply intellectually dishonest.