LB Edgerton Hartwell would make a nice one year

I sure hope Marv doesn't over react with our positions of need at LB, RB and CB. I don't think that he will and I believe that there is alot of solutions still available for us to fulfill these needs. Players like Hartwell and Michael Bush will allow us to keep our draft intact without destroying it by overpaying with draft picks for RFAs. We have multiple needs and good draft pick positions. I don't think that we are that far from being a very competitive team. By filling areas of need with what's available to us in the draft, free agency and June 1st cuts should position us for the play-offs without mortgaging our future.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5992

We should bring him in for a visit, it can't hurt our cause.

I sure hope Marv doesn't over react with our positions of need at LB, RB and CB. I don't think that he will and I believe that there is alot of solutions still available for us to fulfill these needs. Players like Hartwell and Michael Bush will allow us to keep our draft intact without destroying it by overpaying with draft picks for RFAs. We have multiple needs and good draft pick positions. I don't think that we are that far from being a very competitive team. By filling areas of need with what's available to us in the draft, free agency and June 1st cuts should position us for the play-offs without mortgaging our future.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5992

We should bring him in for a visit, it can't hurt our cause.

Depending on the deal, I was thinking the same thing. It's not like he's a bum. I'd sign him to slightly above vet minimum and incentives.

C

When hartwell wasnt hurt in atlanta its my understanding that he was disappointing. Likely another product of the Ravens Defense. If thats not the case, then he clearly would be a welcome addition.