The Distribution of Income

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translation: I can't
Translation: Today is your lucky day. I spent all day at work where I really didn't have much time to post anything longer than a couple sentences. And when I did, I was much more interested in talking about the completely horrific response to the VT killings by the media than anything you have to say. To put it another way, your stupid nonsense just wasn't going to hold my attention compared to the stupid, vicious, greedy nonsense brought to you by NBC News, CNN, Fox News, etc.

And even now that I'm home I really can't see myself taking the time to type out why you do not want the government "redistributing income" or redistributing wealth, or what have you. Read Tom's anecdotes about his government contracts. Or just take a look at how every government program to fight poverty has failed misearably. Or just look at how much money the government taxes and spends and compare that to what we really get back from them.

Basically you're advocating giving the most power and the most money to the most inefficient company in the world.

This is still a joke, right? Can you honestly look at federal income and expenditures and tell anyone that the government robs from the rich and gives to the poor? Have you ever paid any attention to what the federal government does?
But what he says is obviously so true and simple. :wallbash:

Translation: Today is your lucky day. I spent all day at work where I really didn't have much time to post anything longer than a couple sentences. And when I did, I was much more interested in talking about the completely horrific response to the VT killings by the media than anything you have to say. To put it another way, your stupid nonsense just wasn't going to hold my attention compared to the stupid, vicious, greedy nonsense brought to you by NBC News, CNN, Fox News, etc.

And even now that I'm home I really can't see myself taking the time to type out why you do not want the government "redistributing income" or redistributing wealth, or what have you. Read Tom's anecdotes about his government contracts. Or just take a look at how every government program to fight poverty has failed misearably. Or just look at how much money the government taxes and spends and compare that to what we really get back from them.

Basically you're advocating giving the most power and the most money to the most inefficient company in the world.

Bolded emphasis only-That is so untrue. The USPS works wonders for the cost. So there.

This is still a joke, right? Can you honestly look at federal income and expenditures and tell anyone that the government robs from the rich and gives to the poor? Have you ever paid any attention to what the federal government does?

1) My salary is generated via that redistribution of wealth. I'm taxed at an exorbitant rate. Those taxes are redistributed to the company I work for. That company pays my salary. My salary is then taxed at an exorbitant rate. And you would easily consider me wealthy. And I'm a very small example of how the government works - look at the contracts for the LCS or how HUD works sometime.

2) The government resdistributes wealth to the wealthy, not the poor.

1) I guess I have to ask you now: You are joking, right? I'm trying to make sense of what you wrote. You almost make it seem like you are a slave in the system. Why not quit your job? You wouldn't have to pay those "exorbitant" tax rates if you were not being paid through the system. Are you happy to have a job or not?

2) Poppycock. Did you read the article that started this thread? 50% of Americans are not rich. The middle class and poor are aided significantly by the redistribution of income directly and indirectly. Directly, teachers, police, soldiers, government officials, mailmen whatever are directly effected and they turn around and spend the money on GG's cars along with toasters, shoes, coffee, hockey tickets, bottled water and whatever else, which indirectly helps people providing goods and services, you know, the people that sell the stuff. During the Great Depression the store keepers may have bitcxhed about the poor getting relief, but they sure as hell cashed their relief checks and sold them their goods.

Is the system perfect? Is anything?

2) Poppycock. Did you read the article that started this thread? 50% of Americans are not rich. The middle class and poor are aided significantly by the redistribution of income directly and indirectly. ....

Is the system perfect? Is anything?

We can guess that you read the article. But did you understand it?

1) And even now that I'm home I really can't see myself taking the time to type out why you do not want the government "redistributing income" or redistributing wealth, or what have you. Read Tom's anecdotes about his government contracts. Or just take a look at how every government program to fight poverty has failed misearably. Or just look at how much money the government taxes and spends and compare that to what we really get back from them.

I'm not advocating anything. I don't want to do anything. I'm just telling you how the world works. There is no need to do anything, its happening now, and it works. And thanks for tossing in the right wing talking point I knew was coming, I can always count on you! And btw, its a lie.

And on a side note, we get a lot for what we are taxed for. It's expensive to run, maintain and expand a modern society. I won't expect you to understand that, but there it is anyway

It is, for people who can read and think. So I fully understand why you don't get it

And apparently you're the only one "who can read and think" in this entire thread. So everyone is wrong about this but you? Riiiiiiiight. :thumbsup: