Poz's knee criticized, yet AP seemingly gets a pass

Funny...folks point out Poz's knee, but accord Petersen grace for his injury history, most recent being a season-ending broken collarbone....

..."Despite all that success, Peterson has been fairly injury-prone in his Oklahoma career. He dislocated his left shoulder in fall practice in 2004, reaggravated it during the regular season and then had surgery in the offseason.

He missed one game last season and was severely limited in three others with a sprained right ankle."...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2625553

Funny...folks point out Poz's knee, but accord Petersen grace for his injury history, most recent being a season-ending broken collarbone....

..."Despite all that success, Peterson had been fairly injury-prone in his Oklahoma career. He dislocated his left shoulder in fall practice in 2004, reaggravated it during the regular season and then had surgery in the offseason.

He missed one game last season and was severely limited in three others with a sprained right ankle."...

I don't give him a pass, I think there is something to worry about with AP and is why even if he was available I'd still want Willis. I just have a feeling AP will spend a lot of his career on IR.

Posluszny's knee injury is overblown. It didn't even require surgery. That's not to say it isn't a concern, but the Patrick Willis fan club is trying to convince everyone that the doctors may have to amputate Posluszny's leg or something.

..."Despite all that success, Peterson has been fairly injury-prone in his Oklahoma career. He dislocated his left shoulder in fall practice in 2004, reaggravated it during the regular season and then had surgery in the offseason.

a broken collarbone is no joke but its not in the same class as a knee injury

I don't give him a pass, I think there is something to worry about with AP and is why even if he was available I'd still want Willis. I just have a feeling AP will spend a lot of his career on IR.

I also have concerns about the old adage.."Polishing the pig". One of the ways in the NFL to boost the gate is to get a spiffy running back...sure-fire way to sell some tix.

Cincy had some success with this, with Corey Dillon. Sure, he is a fine RB, and obviously helped NE. And CIN took pains to obtain a great run blocking OL to support him...pass blocking didn't matter.

Dillon got glory numbers on a losing team.

I also have concerns about the old adage.."Polishing the pig". One of the ways in the NFL to boost the gate is to get a spiffy running back...sure-fire way to sell some tix.

Cincy had some success with this, with Corey Dillon. Sure, he is a fine RB, and obviously helped NE. And CIN took pains to obtain a great run blocking OL to support him...pass blocking didn't matter.

Dillon got glory numbers on a losing team.

And at the same time I believe they had a Pro Bowl Caliber LB in Takeo Spikes who also was a great player on a losing team

Posluszny's knee injury is overblown. It didn't even require surgery. That's not to say it isn't a concern, but the Patrick Willis fan club is trying to convince everyone that the doctors may have to amputate Posluszny's leg or something.

Even without the injury, Willis is the far superior player. He played in a conference that has speed closer to the NFL than the BIG, bad 10. If you can move down and get another solid player in round 2 (maybe even another LB), then I would be happy taking a late first round guy---> in the mid-to-late first round.

Even without the injury, Willis is the far superior player. He played in a conference that has speed closer to the NFL than the BIG, bad 10. If you can move down and get another solid player in round 2 (maybe even another LB), then I would be happy taking a late first round guy---> in the mid-to-late first round.

Penn State linebackers never pan out as the competition is so crappy.

:lol: :lol: :bag:

I agree that Willis is a superior athlete. Given the choice, I would select Willis over Posluszny, but I'm not so sure he's a significantly better player on the field, however. I think both will be very good NFL players, but perhaps not quite great.

And I know about the speed of the SEC. I'm a Razorback fan living in SEC territory.

I agree that Willis is a superior athlete. Given the choice, I would select Willis over Posluszny, but I'm not so sure he's a significantly better player on the field, however. I think both will be very good NFL players, but perhaps not quite great.

And I know about the speed of the SEC. I'm a Razorback fan living in SEC territory.

AsI stated earlier, if we could move down and get another top player in the second (maybe another LB) that would be nice. But what stuck in my mind was Reggie Nelson saying that his team had to be chiding by their coaches not to laugh when watching Ohio State film---seeing the lack of speed in the BIG 10. POS could end up being an All-Pro, but the SEC, currently is the Trile A to the NFL and the BIG 10 is just not deep in talent; more like a Double A league, I would just prefer a guy that's has played against the best before he gets to the pros (when investing in the first round pick).

Adrian's injury last year was overblown. Plenty of runningbacks suffer high ankle sprains. The games he was limited in her games in hand or games against teams that didn't really need Adrian's assistance. He's a great, great runningback and could immediately split time with A-Train, I wouldn't worry too much about his injuries.

Did we complain about Willis's injuries? Yes, but he was still there almost every game.

Adrian's injury last year was overblown. Plenty of runningbacks suffer high ankle sprains. The games he was limited in her games in hand or games against teams that didn't really need Adrian's assistance. He's a great, great runningback and could immediately split time with A-Train, I wouldn't worry too much about his injuries.

Did we complain about Willis's injuries? Yes, but he was still there almost every game.

After a year+. Now he's gone.

Care to wait? There's a #12 at stake...spend wisely.

Penn State linebackers never pan out as the competition is so crappy.

^_^:D;)

The difference in talent between the Big 10 and SEC is quite large, but has only recently become the case (last 4-5 years or so). Comparing the great LB's that came out of Penn State throughout history doesn't really do much justice.

This is not to say at all that Poz won't be a great LB, or that "LB U" is not capable of still producing great athletes. But when comparing the level of talent in those conferences and how that would affect an elite player, I have to give the nod to SEC. There are many things that can be looked at to decide which player could be a better pro, that's just another one.