This draft reminds me of being a kid in a candy shop...

It's like being a kid and looking at all the bright colors and you didn't have enough money to get all the candy that you wanted. It's the same thing now in the draft, we have to prioritize. This isn't about drafting the best player but drafting the best player that fits your system. We're not in the position to draft for luxury so drafting to address your needs will come into play also.

I can only go by what I read and what I see. I don't have any inside information, as most of you have already realized. I'm just going to try and use reason to figure this out.

It appears that this draft is deeper in CBs and WRs. We do have needs at both of these positions, one more important than the other. Here we could address these positions from the 3rd rd or later. Where this draft is limited is the D-Line, LBs, RBs and TEs. Ironically after the first couple of LBs and RBs, two areas of need for us, become bunched up in comparable talent. Here's where we need to have our talent evaluators to do their finest job. The O-Line and QBs are to a certain degree but thankfully Marv addressed our O-Line in free agency, so it's not a top priority. I didn't even bother to read up on Ks and Ps because I don't believe that these are areas of concern for us.

People are clamoring for Willis and Poz but if this was a stronger draft for LBs, where would these two be ranked? The RB position we could probably address in either the 2nd or 3rd rds but going by priority, depth in the draft and our defensive scheme I put together the following.

1st rd- (#12)- RB Marshawn Lynch. We're not getting Peterson and it's better to fill our RB position than the LB position with our first pick. He's from a pro style offense, tremendous teammate and is the type of RB that I believe Marv is looking for.

2nd rd (#43)- DT Justin Harrell. Here's the runstuffer that we're looking for. This kind of reminds me of the McCargo pick. He was the third best DT available and after him the talent dropped off. Marv found a way to get back into the first rd and took him. Here we should have the opportunity to select him with our 2nd rder even though he's climbing up the draftboard.

3rd rd (#74)- S Aaron Rouse. He's taking a dip lately and this is a realistic slot for him to be taken. He's suited to play LB in the cover 2 with his size and speed.

3rd rd (#92)- CB Josh Wilson. He's one of the fastest players in the draft period. He excells in the classroom and plays like a LB. On top of all that he's tough and physical and plays bigger than what he is.

4th rd (#111)- C Doug Datish. He replaced Nick Mangold at Ohio ST. He plays nasty and has a killer instinct. He has played all along the O-Line and he still can afford to add weight without losing speed. He'd make a great back up to Fowler and be he's eventual successor.

There you have it. It's late and this is long, so I'm outta here. I hope you enjoy it.

It's like being a kid and looking at all the bright colors and you didn't have enough money to get all the candy that you wanted. It's the same thing now in the draft, we have to prioritize. This isn't about drafting the best player but drafting the best player that fits your system. We're not in the position to draft for luxury so drafting to address your needs will come into play also.

I can only go by what I read and what I see. I don't have any inside information, as most of you have already realized. I'm just going to try and use reason to figure this out.

It appears that this draft is deeper in CBs and WRs. We do have needs at both of these positions, one more important than the other. Here we could address these positions from the 3rd rd or later. Where this draft is limited is the D-Line, LBs, RBs and TEs. Ironically after the first couple of LBs and RBs, two areas of need for us, become bunched up in comparable talent. Here's where we need to have our talent evaluators to do their finest job. The O-Line and QBs are to a certain degree but thankfully Marv addressed our O-Line in free agency, so it's not a top priority. I didn't even bother to read up on Ks and Ps because I don't believe that these are areas of concern for us.

People are clamoring for Willis and Poz but if this was a stronger draft for LBs, where would these two be ranked? The RB position we could probably address in either the 2nd or 3rd rds but going by priority, depth in the draft and our defensive scheme I put together the following.

1st rd- (#12)- RB Marshawn Lynch. We're not getting Peterson and it's better to fill our RB position than the LB position with our first pick. He's from a pro style offense, tremendous teammate and is the type of RB that I believe Marv is looking for.

2nd rd (#43)- DT Justin Harrell. Here's the runstuffer that we're looking for. This kind of reminds me of the McCargo pick. He was the third best DT available and after him the talent dropped off. Marv found a way to get back into the first rd and took him. Here we should have the opportunity to select him with our 2nd rder even though he's climbing up the draftboard.

3rd rd (#74)- S Aaron Rouse. He's taking a dip lately and this is a realistic slot for him to be taken. He's suited to play LB in the cover 2 with his size and speed.

3rd rd (#92)- CB Josh Wilson. He's one of the fastest players in the draft period. He excells in the classroom and plays like a LB. On top of all that he's tough and physical and plays bigger than what he is.

4th rd (#111)- C Doug Datish. He replaced Nick Mangold at Ohio ST. He plays nasty and has a killer instinct. He has played all along the O-Line and he still can afford to add weight without losing speed. He'd make a great back up to Fowler and be he's eventual successor.

There you have it. It's late and this is long, so I'm outta here. I hope you enjoy it.

The thought of Stamer, Crowell and Ellison as our starting Linebackers sent goosebumps....

So who will play linebacker for us? Ellison - Crowel - Stamer/Wire?

Your draft neglects our biggest area of need. I would not be surprised to see the Bills take 2 linebackers on day one.

I like this one:

1st round (#12) Player that will help the Bills turn things around

2nd round (#43) Player that will help the Bills turn things around

3rd round (#74) Player that will help the Bills turn things around

3rd round (#92) Player that will help the Bills turn things around

4th round (#111) Player that will help the Bills turn things around

I sure hope I'm right.

I like this one:

1st round (#12) Player that will help the Bills turn things around

2nd round (#43) Player that will help the Bills turn things around

3rd round (#74) Player that will help the Bills turn things around

3rd round (#92) Player that will help the Bills turn things around

4th round (#111) Player that will help the Bills turn things around

I sure hope I'm right.

Your first round pick represents terrible draft value. You should have traded down 10-12 spots, and you still could have gotten your guy, along with multiple other day 1 draft picks.

Your first round pick represents terrible draft value. You should have traded down 10-12 spots, and you still could have gotten your guy, along with multiple other day 1 draft picks.

Aw, crap. I was hoping he wasn't a reach. Damn you, Marve!

Tipster...not ragging on you or anything but what do you suggest we do at LB with your draft? Start Coy Wire?

Now that we traded for another DT there is no way imo that we draft a DT that high.....

I think it is either RB/LB or LB/RB in the first 2 rounds

I understand. I really think that Harrell is a force and would make a difference in our defensive front seven. I'm tempted to scrap Lynch and move back in the rd and grab Harrell later in the first rd. LB position was addressed with Rouse being converted like Cato June. That would be one LB spot addressed and we could either take another one in the second day or pick one up after the June 1st cuts. We already were already attempting to add LB before the draft with Holdman. If character is not an issue with Lynch then he fits with the mindset of Marv apparently is looking to do at RB. I have not heard one negative word from his teammates, matter of fact they rave about how he tries to help the understudy with advice and instilling confidence in him.

On the way to work, 10:00 am, Randy Cross from Sirius radio said that Buffalo is the surprise team in the AFC East. He said that 9 or 10 wins is not impossible and that he really likes them alot to be the team that nobody talks about. I agree with him and think our situation is not the dire straits that we think we are.

On the way to work, 10:00 am, Randy Cross from Sirius radio said that Buffalo is the surprise team in the AFC East. He said that 9 or 10 wins is not impossible and that he really likes them alot to be the team that nobody talks about. I agree with him and think our situation is not the dire straits that we think we are.

In a related story, Randy Cross' perceived IQ jumped from 64 to 147 with his brilliant commentary regarding the Buffalo Bills.... :lol:

In a related story, Randy Cross' perceived IQ jumped from 64 to 147 with his brilliant commentary regarding the Buffalo Bills.... :lol:

I don't know the guy and he might be a box of rocks but what he had to say made sense. I know that there is much more intelligent people on this message board than this old ex NFL brokendown talk show host. I just happen to agree with what he said this time.

I don't know the guy and he might be a box of rocks but what he had to say made sense. I know that there is much more intelligent people on this message board than this old ex NFL brokendown talk show host. I just happen to agree with what he said this time.

Actually, I've found myself actually in agreement w/ some of Cross' statements as of late. From the "on any given Sunday" standpoint, I agree that 9 or 10 wins isn't out of the question. It would be fun too, considering how many people out there seemingly root for the Bills to lose, including those who post here (so that they can be right).

I agree that 9 or 10 wins isn't out of the question. It would be fun too, considering how many people out there seemingly root for the Bills to lose, including those who post here (so that they can be right).

I am SOO tired of being right all the time. I'm ready to be horribly horribly wrong for awhile. Here's to 9-10 wins! :lol:

Actually it's not that I root for them to lose, it's that I feel like if I allow myself to believe they'll win that somehow affects the cosmic balance of the universe so they end up losing. That's not just me either, that's a WNY thing from getting disappointed so many times. :lol:

I echo your sentiment about the kid in the candy store but my mock v.1.0 goes:

1- Paul Poslunsky

2- Antonio Pittman

3- Buster Davis

3- Daymeion Hughes

4- Rhema McKnight

Nice...a vote for Ray Ray. I think he's going to be a serious sleeper. Would love to have him on the Bills.

the Randy Cross quote makes me laugh because it seems like every year for the past 6-7 the Bills and the Cardinals are the "suprise teams" that no one is expecting to rise up. And every year we are mediocre and they suck.

Here's to hoping Randy will help us "cross" that bridge :blink: