Stock falling and rising

K-Gun10

On draft day someones stock skyrockets, and someone elses stock falls like crazy, Whos your pick for rising and falling this year.

Falling on draft day my pick is Alan Branch to bottom 20.

Rising for me is Safety Reggie Nelson i think a team will take him early after us Rams maybe?

Rising:

1) OT Joe Staley -- top 15 pick, possibly even to Houston at 10.

2) CB Eric Wright -- wouldn't be on my draftboard in any round, but will probably go in the first

3) WR Robert Meachem -- I expect him to go anywhere from 8th to 19th.

Falling

1) RB Michael Bush -- A potential R2 pick at one point. His stock seems to be in freefall following a second surgery on his broken leg in late March. R6/7, but possibly undrafted.

2) RB Tony Hunt -- Another R2/3 RB. Hunt's stock won't take an enormous hit, but I think he's an early day 2 pick now.

3) CB Dameion Hughes -- People are calling Paul Posluszny slow because of his 40 time. Well, Hughes ran an almost identical time and a poor overall workout as well. He probably doesn't deserve it, but I think he'll fall into R4 or even 5

Rising:

1) OT Joe Staley -- top 15 pick, possibly even to Houston at 10.

2) CB Eric Wright -- wouldn't be on my draftboard in any round, but will probably go in the first

3) WR Robert Meachem -- I expect him to go anywhere from 8th to 19th.

Falling

1) RB Michael Bush -- A potential R2 pick at one point. His stock seems to be in freefall following a second surgery on his broken leg in late March. R6/7, but possibly undrafted.

2) RB Tony Hunt -- Another R2/3 RB. Hunt's stock won't take an enormous hit, but I think he's an early day 2 pick now.

3) CB Dameion Hughes -- People are calling Paul Posluszny slow because of his 40 time. Well, Hughes ran an almost identical time and a poor overall workout as well. He probably doesn't deserve it, but I think he'll fall into R4 or even 5

I would hope Marv would jump all over Bush in the 6th round. He was a potential 1st round pick before the injury. (It's not like taking a player who has been injured in the 1st round, thanks for that TD :thumbsup: )

Rising fast-Justin Harrel DT of Tennessee...has star written all over him and showed great recovery from a serious injury in last game of season, Senior Bowl and Combine. Would have been high first rounder now might be a nice pick for the Bills in the second..if he'll just STOP rising!!

On draft day someones stock skyrockets, and someone elses stock falls like crazy, Whos your pick for rising and falling this year.

Falling on draft day my pick is Alan Branch to bottom 20.

Rising for me is Safety Reggie Nelson i think a team will take him early after us Rams maybe?

Falling = The credibility of opinions on this board in terms of who will be taken where and why.

Rising = Level of preparation by the front office of all 32 NFL teams who get paid to evaluate draft eligible players.

At the absolute bottom = All of the opinions to be expressed regarding the Bills draft choices minutes after they have been picked but months before they ever set foot on an NFL field.

Falling = The credibility of opinions on this board in terms of who will be taken where and why.

Rising = Level of preparation by the front office of all 32 NFL teams who get paid to evaluate draft eligible players.

At the absolute bottom = All of the opinions to be expressed regarding the Bills draft choices minutes after they have been picked but months before they ever set foot on an NFL field.

Purty much. :lol:

But lets let the hooligans duke it out a little longer, shall we? It's kind of fun watching them all wrestle around in the mud pit! :lol:

Rising Stock:

Ted Ginn Jr. / WR / Ohio St. - Why? I haven't got a clue, but it is. Could be a Dolphin at #9.

Adam Carriker / DE / Nebraska - Has the ability to play DE and DT. Could be drafted as early as #6 to the Skins. Won't last

past #15 to the Steelers.

Jon Beason / ILB / Miami - Some people have him rated higher than Willis on their draft board. Could be on Marv's board at

#12. Won't last past the Giants at #20.

Trent Edwards / QB / Stanford - Will definitely be the 3rd QB taken. Has had impressive workouts and interviews that vaulted

his stock. If the Raiders don't take a QB in the first, look for Edwards to be the 1st pick of

the 2nd round.

Dropping Like a Rock:

Dwayne Jarrett / WR / USC - A 4.6 40YD time has sent his stock in a tail-spin. Has good hands, but doesn't seem to be very

physical at all. Could be a blessing in disguise for the team drafting him, but dropping to the 2nd

round is his fate.

Quinten Moses / DE / Georgia - Was once viewed as the second best DE behind Gaines Adams. But now a late second round,

if that lucky kind of guy.

Troy Smith / QB / Ohio St. - Height, erratic arm, and character issues push the Heisman winner to the mid to late 3rd round.

I don't have a clue who is rising but I know who is falling...

Anybody with shady character issues. Pac-Man and Chris Henry's suspensions are not going to be taken lightly in the drafting process. Nobody wants to invest a high pick and the money that goes with it into a guy who shows the propensity for miscreance at this point. They are no longer worth the risk in rounds one and two and possibly 3. Before, when you had a guy who would get into trouble it would be described as a "distraction" and so long as the player didn't fail his drug test everything was fine. Now all the DUI and other issues are pressed to the front along with drug problems becuase the suspensions for repeat violations are now just as severe.

The Raiders used to be the only people who did that, it became a lot more commonplace after Jimmy Johnson but now I wouldn't be surprised to see a reversion to the old ways with only a few rebel owners taking shots on guys with problems. I don't know which guy it will be but someone will drop like a rock and it will be because of off the field issues.

I don't have a clue who is rising but I know who is falling...

Anybody with shady character issues. Pac-Man and Chris Henry's suspensions are not going to be taken lightly in the drafting process. Nobody wants to invest a high pick and the money that goes with it into a guy who shows the propensity for miscreance at this point. They are no longer worth the risk in rounds one and two and possibly 3. Before, when you had a guy who would get into trouble it would be described as a "distraction" and so long as the player didn't fail his drug test everything was fine. Now all the DUI and other issues are pressed to the front along with drug problems becuase the suspensions for repeat violations are now just as severe.

The Raiders used to be the only people who did that, it became a lot more commonplace after Jimmy Johnson but now I wouldn't be surprised to see a reversion to the old ways with only a few rebel owners taking shots on guys with problems. I don't know which guy it will be but someone will drop like a rock and it will be because of off the field issues.

Yes, and that is the way it should be.