32 killed in Va. Tech shootings

stuckincincy

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about waxman blaming the NRA, but the Euro Press cut right to the chase and are blaming Moses Himself

Whatever

And the NRA says:

We will not have further comment until all the facts are known.

Which, frankly, is the most responsible thing anyone has said so far.

Quite true. But they're doing it more out of political necessity than ingrained rational principle, though, methinks...

Like Darin, I choose to reward progress.

(No, I didn't type that with a straight face.)

And we had two kids die from the local school in a car accident yesterday. Should the whole world stop and grieve them too? Why did they die, couldn't we have been seatbelts, airbags, etc... People die, you move on, it's part of the world. The media does suck because for these 32 people yesterday, another 100,000 died in car accidents, plane crashes, heart attacks, cancer, abortions, etc.... yesterday. Why don't we focus on them and their family grief. Because it isn't fantastic, it doesn't help the media and the political statement they want to make. Yeah it's said they died, but a lot of other people died yesterday. And their families are grieving no less.

Generally the reason most people focus their attention on these type of events is because schools are where parents send their children to learn and be safe. Of course that is ideal, bad things can happen anywhere, but it just seems as if this sort of "taking revenge on former schoolmates" is becoming more and more popular. It's happened 3 times in my city alone, and already today, some kid brought a fake gun to school just so he could scare everyone and get attention.

Generally the reason most people focus their attention on these type of events is because schools are where parents send their children to learn and be safe. Of course that is ideal, bad things can happen anywhere, but it just seems as if this sort of "taking revenge on former schoolmates" is becoming more and more popular. It's happened 3 times in my city alone, and already today, some kid brought a fake gun to school just so he could scare everyone and get attention.

Fake gun laws are too lax, obviously...

Fake gun laws are too lax, obviously...

You're totally right. I say 2 or 3 years in jail just for bringing a fake gun to school.

If you're going to threaten peoples lives, at least do it properly.

FSU has just asked everyone to login to the private secure apps and ad a cell phone number to your personal info, so they can send a mass text message to the entire student body "in case of emergency".

The German teacher who was killed in front of his class before the gunman turned on the students was Jamie Bishop, the son of Michael Bishohp, a friend of mine. Jamie used to live in Chapel Hill and I saw something of him then. I have known his father for twenty-five years.

Michael Bishop is a pretty well known science fiction writer, author of Brittle Innings and No Enemy But Time, among many others. Jamie was a wonderful guy, very creative, funny, personable. He did a lot of interesting phtography-based computer art when he wasn't teaching, including the cover to the collection Gunning for the Buddha, by Michael Jasper (the title sems bitterly ironic now).

Given the losses so many have suffered, I can't bring myself to get into debating gun control or lockdowns or whose fault it is. I just know that too many good people died. As the writer Chinua Achebe says, "The world is not well arranged."

Sending you the best on this glorious day.

May you too rot in hell when you have you head blown off.

Happy Birthday.

I am the Hands of God.

Society's ills shall be no more.

The time of cleansing is upon us.

Happy Mother's Day.

Apparently the older teacher who was killed protecting his students, was a Holocaust survivor.

wow. what a tragic life. absolutely horrible day yesterday, I hope and pray for the survivors and the familys and friends that lost loved ones, may they one day find peace

I am the Hands of God.

Society's ills shall be no more.

The time of cleansing is upon us.

Happy Mother's Day.

What are you, a Catholic priest?

I will not be molested by an aging, balding, overweight pedophilic stepdad named Dick.

Get your hands off me you sicko. Just stop it, Michael Jackson.

Happy Fathers Day!