Buffalo Bandits face the Minnesota Swarm next weekend

Fezmid

I know a few people have said that they're LAX fans, so figured I'd mention this in case some people didn't know.

Buffalo's beaten the Swarm twice this season, as well as in the first round of the playoffs last season. It's not looking good for Minnesota... :blink:

If you're in the area, you should check the game out - it's an awesome sport to watch live, and the tickets are relatively cheap (assuming you can get 'em in Buffalo -- they usually have a large crowd there).

Here's some pictures I took from last night's Minnesota vs Arizona game. The Swarm scored a goal with 0.8 seconds left to win the game. Good stuff :D

http://www.fezam.com/gallery/view_album.ph...ng07&page=1

Here's some pictures from the Swarm vs the Toronto Rock from a few weeks ago:

http://www.fezam.com/gallery/view_album.ph...ame=SwarmRock07

Enjoy. ;)

CW

Fez, why aren't you a Bandits fan?! Or maybe I should ask...why aren't you a Vikings fan? ;)

Well whatever your reasons, Buffalo may not be as tough a game as you think. We lost our starting goalie Friday night (Dietrich, last year's MVP) to a knee injury. He's not expected to play Sunday. Lots of people think our backup goalie is pretty good (Mike Thompson), but I don't.

Playoff predictions:

Minny over Bandits :D .

Roch over Toronto

Arizona over Calgary

Colorado over SJ

Roch over Minny

Colorado over Arizona

Roch over Colorado

Fez, why aren't you a Bandits fan?! Or maybe I should ask...why aren't you a Vikings fan? ;)

Well whatever your reasons, Buffalo may not be as tough a game as you think. We lost our starting goalie Friday night (Dietrich, last year's MVP) to a knee injury. He's not expected to play Sunday. Lots of people think our backup goalie is pretty good (Mike Thompson), but I don't.

Playoff predictions:

Minny over Bandits :D .

Roch over Toronto

Arizona over Calgary

Colorado over SJ

Roch over Minny

Colorado over Arizona

Roch over Colorado

I was a Bandits fan when I lived in Buffalo (went to the first ever game at the Aud -- 4 rows from the glass, it was a blast!). But since I moved out of state in '94, only a couple of years after the team formed, I don't really feel too much of an attachment to the team. When Minnesota got a team, I bought season tickets on day 1 because the sport is awesome to watch. I still have a hard time rooting against Buffalo when they play here, but what can you do?

I hadn't heard about the injury -- that definitely makes things interesting. Our backup goalie (Matt Disher) was really good in season 1, but hasn't played too well this year. Good thing Nick Patterson has played well. I hope your first round predictions are right (actually, I hope Toronto wins too... But I don't think that's gonna happen :blink: ).

Are you going to the game Sunday?

CW

I may have to check that out...my cousin is a dumbass as he had a chance to possible play with the Bandits this year...he was on their practice sqaud 2 years ago, and Daris wanted him to come back for this year, but he passed....either way, I may have to go

Are you going to the game Sunday?

No, unfortunately I'll be out of NY state next weekend (work-related). But I bet there will be a good-sized crowd there. The Bandits' home games this season have consistently been around 90% crowd capacity.

How have the Minnesota crowds been this year? You think they'll be a pretty stable franchise 5 or so years from now?

By the way, I hear the league is looking to expand again next season. Anywhere from 1 to 3 teams. Boston, Vancouver, Seattle, and Oklahoma City ( :D ) I believe are the frontrunners. There's also a small chance Rochester will relocate. Should be interesting to see how the NLL will be looking 10 or so years from now.

How have the Minnesota crowds been this year? You think they'll be a pretty stable franchise 5 or so years from now?

By the way, I hear the league is looking to expand again next season. Anywhere from 1 to 3 teams. Boston, Vancouver, Seattle, and Oklahoma City ( :D ) I believe are the frontrunners. There's also a small chance Rochester will relocate. Should be interesting to see how the NLL will be looking 10 or so years from now.

Swarm usually get between 7500-10000 per game. Not as good as the Bandits usually get, but not bad. They had over 14,000 last night, the largest crowd in franchise history (3 years), so that's good -- however, Lockheed Martin did give military families 4000 tickets, so that factored into it.

Attendance has been pretty stable for the whole three years, so I think they'll be stable for quite awhile. I just wish that they'd start doing a bit more marketing.

I'm a little worried with all of the expansion though... Hopefully they don't grow too much, too fast.

CW