Youboty is most likely ready

Fingon

Youboty will be most likely ready when he actually steps on the field and we have the chance to see if he is capable of performing like a starting NFL CB.

Sort of like JP was ready in year two, after spending his rookie year watching from the sidelines.... :devil:

Im think he will immediately flourish this season, so Im not big on drafting a CB till later rounds!
I hope you're right, but I would still take a CB on day one, if a quality CB falls to us much as Youbouty did last year. I am not sold on McGee, and would like to see him as a nickle back.

I hope you're right, but I would still take a CB on day one, if a quality CB falls to us much as Youbouty did last year. I am not sold on McGee, and would like to see him as a nickle back.

Fear not, the Bills will probably draft 2 defensive backs on day 1. Last season they traded away a pick while doing so, and followed this up with yet another db in the 4th.

Look for a first day corner and safety. I do hope they can spare us another db in the first round, and not trade away first day picks while doing so, but don't be surprised if one or both happens.

He barely got any playing time in a rebuilding year. That makes it apparent he definitely wasn't ready last year. Moreover, the best predictor of the future is the past, therefore, until I see otherwise I would not pencil him in as a starter. In addition, most people are under the impression that because Whitner, Ellison, Simpson, Pennington started they have to be good. In my opinion, this is more an indication of the lack of depth on the team that the quality of the draft.

Ahhh, Death, Taxes, and Bill bitching about DB's. You can set your watch by it.

just a question...where are we supposed ot get starting safeties from, if we dont draft them? Oh i know...we'll start one of our 7 drafted OG's back there at safety.

Very true.

He barely got any playing time in a rebuilding year. That makes it apparent he definitely wasn't ready last year. Moreover, the best predictor of the future is the past, therefore, until I see otherwise I would not pencil him in as a starter. In addition, most people are under the impression that because Whitner, Ellison, Simpson, Pennington started they have to be good. In my opinion, this is more an indication of the lack of depth on the team that the quality of the draft.

Not with the #8 pick! Especially when:

(a) There were many more important needs to fill on the team (both lines, linebacker)

(b) We had a trade offer to move down 7 spots and acqiuire a 2nd rounder in a very deep draft

just a question...where are we supposed ot get starting safeties from, if we dont draft them?

Not with the #8 pick! Especially when:

(a) There were many more important needs to fill on the team (both lines, linebacker)

(b) We had a trade offer to move down 7 spots and acqiuire a 2nd rounder in a very deep draft

What LB or OL, or DL could we have drafted with #8? And dont say Ngata, unless you have somehow determined how drafting Ngata would have also given us the rest of the ravens D to help his fat ass out.

And wheres proof that the 2006 draft was any deeper than any other draft? We could have ended up with 2 second round scrubs and a lesser first round player.

That's exactly my point.

Given that the team had numerous holes and there were some key pending free agents on the roster, trading down and acquiring extra first-day picks was a prudent strategy, especially where the Bills were, at #8. Marv should have jumped on Denver's offer to move back to #15 for an additional 2nd rounder and more.

By moving back to #15, the Bills save $8M in guranteed money. When a small market team like the Bills spends $13M guaranteed on a rookie, he better damn well be a star... in my view, by trading down, they could have minimized the risk and get a player with comparable impact.

They can then take a LB (Carpenter or Greenway), a DE (Hali), a Guard (Joseph, perhaps), a Center (Mangold)... if they took one of those LBs, perhaps the loss of Spikes and Fletcher is more bearable. If they took Joseph, maybe we don't need to sign Dockery to the richest contract in team history. The point I'm trying to make here is that if they lost out on Whitner, they still could have improved the team by trading down... judging how well the team drafted in the middle rounds, I feel like they could have found some impact players with those extra picks.

From my vantage point, this draft was very deep and you can look no further than the 2nd round to prove it. When the likes of Marcus McNeil, Maurice Jones-Drew, Devin Hester, Demarco Ryans, Winston Justice fall to the 2nd, I consider it a deep draft. When a guy like Youboty falls to the 3rd, that's a deep draft. In past drafts, guys with that type of skill are picked in the latter half of the first round.

What LB or OL, or DL could we have drafted with #8?