To my fellow supply siders . . .

Peter

I'm sure you also read the Op/Ed on Aleksander Kwasniewski.

69636[/snapback]

I did take a look at it.

To be blunt, Poland is a minor player in the "coalition of the willing." I am against this war, but I am glad that they made some contribution. Yet, for anyone to suggest that the other members of the "coalition of the willing" are making the sacrifices that we are is just wrong.

We Americans are stuck with the lion's share of the casualties and cost. As I am sure you already know, we only paid for less than 10% of the cost of the first Gulf War. GHWB knew how to build a real coalition.

To bring this full circle, as a supply side Republican, I believe that GWB not only took his eye off the ball in the real war on terrorism, he has risked many of the policies that I support because:

1. We could have continued to contain Saddam (who was no imminent threat to us) at a cost of $3 Billion per year as Powell said in the Spring of 2001 - rather engage in this optional war without most of our traditional allies (and pissing them and the rest of the world off to boot);

2. As a result of the above, we bit off probably more than we could chew thereby increasing the deficit and putting tax cuts in jeopardy.

If Bush loses the election, I believe many Republicans will be asking themselves whether it was worth invading Iraq when and how we did.

I firmly believe that if we had not invaded Iraq how and when we did, this election would not even be close. It would be one of the largest landslides in US history.