Interesting Fantasy perspective of how we will fare against the Pass D

ganesh

32. Buffalo Bills (465 points): J.P. Losman has some potential and Lee Evans is a borderline No. 1 or 2 fantasy wideout, but this duo will have a difficult road against the 22nd hardest pass schedule. It's even worse for Anthony Thomas or whoever starts in the backfield, as the Bills face Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England (2), Miami, Dallas and the 31st hardest run schedule.

Full Article

Those teams (other than Miami) are stout against the Run indeed...It puts the onus on JP/Evans more to carry this team. And Wade had always one of the best run-defense teams.

But I thought everyone said that with a new o-line, we could have a guy like A-Train run the ball and get over a 1,000 yards?

I don't quite get the quote though, they say its the 31st hardest run schedule, shouldn't that mean there are 30 other teams with harder run schedules? Shouldn't it say the Bills have the 2nd hardest run schedule?

But I thought everyone said that with a new o-line, we could have a guy like A-Train run the ball and get over a 1,000 yards?

I don't quite get the quote though, they say its the 31st hardest run schedule, shouldn't that mean there are 30 other teams with harder run schedules? Shouldn't it say the Bills have the 2nd hardest run schedule?

Math be tough.

In my field (meteorology) one tool used in a forecast is "persistence" - if it's 2 degrees above normal today it will be 2 degrees above normal tomorrow (for example) But, quite obviously, it is only one bit of information used otherwise this would be an easy business.

These so-called football "experts" seem unable to look beyond last year's records and/or their personal biases (Miami and Dallas always seem to get extra weighting) I can guarantee you , the Bills will not END UP having faced the second hardest schedule. Going in, based on last year's records, it is the 2nd hardest. That is not the end all. One reason is...SURPRISE!.... teams improve or degrade from year to year. Every time the Bills beat a team from last year's "elite", then the number swing both ways (our strength of schedule decreases while our opponent's increases). Simply put, use the schedule from last year as one means of predicting a team's final record but one must also consider where each team is heading. Not to mention how injuries will come into play as they always do.

The Bills, regardless of what the experts say, have improved the offensive line which was already showing improvement the latter half of last year. The loss of Willis is not a big deal - he was very unimpresssive. Our run game did not degrade when A-train came in. Our defensive line is improved. JP improved markedly last year and there is every reason to expect him to continue to improve ESPECIALLY if he has more time to throw.

The draft is important though - we need a new RB and a new LB. I am hoping for Willis or poluzny (sp) and Pittman

-RnJ