Draft Value Experts: What would we have to give to:

CJPearl2

Trade first round picks with Redskins?

I would love the Bills to draft Peterson. I think he's the second or third best player in the draft and could be the top RB in the past couple years. I think he may be available at 6, and here's why:

Raiders will trade for a QB, either with Det for McCown, GB for Rodgers or maybe take a second round qb - their pick is #1 player in draft: Calvin Johnson.

Detriot will take JaMarcus Russel, and Cleveland will take Ohio-boy Brady Quinn.

Now, it gets interesting.

Tampa needs defense and will likely go after G. Adams. Arizona, where a possible destination for AP, will have to take Joe Thomas, since OT is a pressing need for them.

Therefore, I think AP could be available at 6. And since the Skins only have 1 pick the first day (and only 1 til the 5th round), we'll need to stock pile picks and wont want AP.

I am NOT a draft expert, but according to this chart, a second round pick would be enough.

In the real world, my guess is that we would have to swap 1sts, and give up a 2nd and a 3rd this year, OR another 2nd next year.

Again, I don't know this to be true, but my hunch is that because of the relatively weak group of free agents this year, the cost of trading up will rise.

Again, I don't know this to be true, but my hunch is that because of the relatively weak group of free agents this year, the cost of trading up will rise.

Agreed, the lack of options in the FA pool will definitely increase the price of draft picks this year.

Agreed, the lack of options in the FA pool will definitely increase the price of draft picks this year.

It will be interesting. If we are correct, the Bills will have a golden opprtunity to gain more 1st day picks this year, AND in 08. As I recall, this worked pretty well for NE.

I just hope that we don't stand pat and waste a #12 on another defensive back.

It will be interesting. If we are correct, the Bills will have a golden opprtunity to gain more 1st day picks this year, AND in 08. As I recall, this worked pretty well for NE.

I just hope that we don't stand pat and waste a #12 on another defensive back.

If we stay put, it'll be for Patrick Willis

For any team to move up in the draft it's going to take more than just picks, there will be players involved. If anyone is looking for us to move up then you better decide which player(s) to throw into the deal.

I am NOT a draft expert, but according to this chart, a second round pick would be enough.

In the real world, my guess is that we would have to swap 1sts, and give up a 2nd and a 3rd this year, OR another 2nd next year.

Given that we need a lot of help at LB and RB, and some help at CB, DT, TE and WR, (we have lots of holes to fill) if trading up to 6 costs us a second and a third, and switching places with our first round pick, that seems like a lot. With many needs I think we are better off stockpiling as many first day picks to bring in as much talent as possible. Trading down instead of up could bring us two studs in the first round.