The truth about democrats and republicans

Does anyone remember the old tag line from the movie "Aliens vs Predators"?

It was along the lines of "No matter who wins...we lose."

I have to give credit for that to a friend of mine. It's funny in the old days (we have been friends for 23 years now) he was a hard core conservative. I was a die hard liberal. Nowadays we are within 4 out of a hundred points on most scales of measuring ideas. Extremely moderate basically. The independent vote is growing IMO and hopefully we can develop at least a 3 party system. Ross Perot as bat sh-- crazy as he was lost a chance at a legacy by failing to produce a legitimate 3rd party. Hey he was right about NAFTA though.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone remember the old tag line from the movie "Aliens vs Predators"?

It was along the lines of "No matter who wins...we lose."

I have to give credit for that to a friend of mine. It's funny in the old days (we have been friends for 23 years now) he was a hard core conservative. I was a die hard liberal. Nowadays we are within 4 out of a hundred points on most scales of measuring ideas. Extremely moderate basically. The independent vote is growing IMO and hopefully we can develop at least a 3 party system. Ross Perot as bat sh-- crazy as he was lost a chance at a legacy by failing to produce a legitimate 3rd party. Hey he was right about NAFTA though.

I had a ridiculous AP government teacher in high school- one of those walking encyclopedia types. His explantion of the difference was quite apt as he quoted a Japanese linguistic.

He said, "Pretend you're drowning 100 yards off shore. If there's a Republican standing on the beach, he'll throw you a lifesaver, but one that's attached to a line only 50 yards long. It's then up to you to swim the extra 50 yards and save yourself. "

"Now, if there's a democrat on shore, he'll throw you a lifesaver too; but his will be attached to a line 300 yards long and you'll die drowning as he reels it back to you."

-This post is now $0.02 more valuable-

I had a ridiculous AP government teacher in high school- one of those walking encyclopedia types. His explantion of the difference was quite apt as he quoted a Japanese linguistic.

He said, "Pretend you're drowning 100 yards off shore. If there's a Republican standing on the beach, he'll throw you a lifesaver, but one that's attached to a line only 50 yards long. It's then up to you to swim the extra 50 yards and save yourself. "

"Now, if there's a democrat on shore, he'll throw you a lifesaver too; but his will be attached to a line 300 yards long and you'll die drowning as he reels it back to you."

Funny post!

But who is REALLY trying their best?

You can't possibly expect a drowning person (one who PRESUMABLY can't swim) to actually SWIM 50 yards... Or can you? B-)

So... Floundering and flailing around while one reels in a the 300 yard line sounds possibly like you only hope??...

???

Sometimes doing "your best", for many that is, often entails "shooting for the moon"... Wrong or right... It is better than laying up short in a conservative manner...

-This post is now $0.02 LESS valuable-

Funny post!

But who is REALLY trying their best?

You can't possibly expect a drowning person (one who PRESUMABLY can't swim) to actually SWIM 50 yards... Or can you? B-)

So... Floundering and flailing around while one reels in a the 300 yard line sounds possibly like you only hope??...

???

Sometimes doing "your best", for many that is, often entails "shooting for the moon"... Wrong or right... It is better than laying up short in a conservative manner...

-This post is now $0.02 LESS valuable-

First, yes you can expect a significant portion of the drowing people to swim 50 yards.

Second, you can make a lot more lifelines by not making them all 3 times longer than necessary. Because contray to popular belief, the supply of rope is not endless.

Then there's the libertarians, who sit on the beach and smoke pot while watching you drown. And the Green party, who won't throw the lifesaver because the rope's not approved by Ralph Nader. And then there's PETA, who swims out and holds you under because you deserve to die for disturbing some rare sea cucumber. And the neo-conservatives, who insist you're not drowning and everything's fine while Dick Cheney shoots you in the face with a load of birdshot. And LaRouche Democrats - they don't try to save you at all, they just read from LaRouche's essay "How 'The Sexual Congress of Cultural Fascism' Ruined the U.S.A. and Gave Us 'Beast-Man' Cheney" (no, I'm not making that up :worthy:) and make drowning look like an attractive alternative.

Then there's the libertarians, who sit on the beach and smoke pot while watching you drown. And the Green party, who won't throw the lifesaver because the rope's not approved by Ralph Nader. And then there's PETA, who swims out and holds you under because you deserve to die for disturbing some rare sea cucumber. And the neo-conservatives, who insist you're not drowning and everything's fine while Dick Cheney shoots you in the face with a load of birdshot. And LaRouche Democrats - they don't try to save you at all, they just read from LaRouche's essay "How 'The Sexual Congress of Cultural Fascism' Ruined the U.S.A. and Gave Us 'Beast-Man' Cheney" (no, I'm not making that up :worthy:) and make drowning look like an attractive alternative.

Or the Rainbow Coalition who wants to know if it's a black person drowning why FEMA, HUD, Coast Guard and everyone else isn't dropping pallets of water and discussion why the water isn't being kind to chocolates.

Goddamn, coffee on the monitor again. :lol:

Or the Rainbow Coalition who wants to know if it's a black person drowning why FEMA, HUD, Coast Guard and everyone else isn't dropping pallets of water and discussion why the water isn't being kind to chocolates.

And I forgot John Kerry...who has a plan to save you, and by-the-way did you know he won three Purple Hearts? And Hillary and Bill Clinton, who would save you except they can't on their own because it takes a village. And Mike Nifong, who has conclusive evidence that no one else has seen that three Duke lacrosse players are drowning you. And Alberto Gonzales, who fired all the lifeguards who would save you because they were saving Democrats...

Goddamn, coffee on the monitor again. :lol:

That LaRouche thing...that's a real essay. Until I read it, I had no idea that Dick Cheney was the second coming of Torquemada as predicted by Dostoyevski in The Brothers Karamazov. :worthy:

I love Lyndon LaRouche. He's a great reminder that, no matter how bad this board gets, it's still nowhere close to hitting rock bottom.

And I forgot John Kerry...who has a plan to save you, and by-the-way did you know he won three Purple Hearts? And Hillary and Bill Clinton, who would save you except they can't on their own because it takes a village. And Mike Nifong, who has conclusive evidence that no one else has seen that three Duke lacrosse players are drowning you. And Alberto Gonzales, who fired all the lifeguards who would save you because they were saving Democrats...

And Al Gore would throw you a lock box if you were drowning.

I just know there's a Global Warming thingy in this somewhere.......... :worthy:

And Al Gore would throw you a lock box if you were drowning.

I just know there's a Global Warming thingy in this somewhere.......... :worthy:

Well he wouldn't be drowning if the water levels weren't so high from the polar caps melting.

Or Al Gore, who'll tell you that it's your fault to be drowning atop the Empire State Building.

Or Pat Buchanan, who'll shoot the Mexican swimming towards you with a life jacket.

Or Janet Reno, who'll pour oil in the water and light it on fire to let you walk back ashore.

Its FEMA's fault that the black person drown, because FEMA should have known that the black person couldnt swim, didnt have the means to buy a lifejacket, and would ignore all warning abouts a high riptide and undertow. So FEMA should have given him/her a lifejacket even before they left the house in the morning.

LaRouche had me thinking about this:

As it's been pointed out, the third party candidates can be legitimate whackjobs. For example, a man ran against Bloomberg in the last mayoral election under the "Rent is Too Damn High" party line. He was batshit crazy. Like, scaled-the-Brooklyn-Bridge-with-a-machete-in-his-mouth-and-halted-traffic-crazy. Sometimes you wonder where the hell these people come from.

Jimmy Carter would have Cuban prisoners form a human chain to save you.

Bill Clinton would save you, but only if you were wearing a blue dress.

Planned Parenthood would throw you a box of rubbers and tell you to inflate and tie 'em.

Janet Reno would send some burly ATF agents to grab you and fling you in the direction of Cuba.

A passer-by with a camera phone will put you on Youtube so several million Americans can urge your demise.