Whitner on Cold Pizza

9 Detroit - Kenoy Kennedy under contract, no need for safety.

Yep....Kenoy Kennedy is a household name.

And what do you ya know? Lions selected a safety first chance they get.

They run the cover-2 where Safeties are considered very important.

11 St. Louis - Corey Chavous under contract, no need for safety

O.J. Atogwe. That's their starting other safety. Heard of him?

They run the cover-2 where Safeties are considered very important.

12 Baltimore - Ed Reed is there... Need I say more?

Actually....yes.

Their starting SS was probably undecided at that point. They ended up starting a guy with no NFL experience (Landry). UFA I think.

Ed Reed is not quite the same player he was after his injury & the Ravens have a history of stacking their secondary.

14 Philadelphia - Dawkins, no need for safety.

Dawkins was entering his 11th season.....he's getting on. Their starting SS is(was) Considine.....a 2nd year 4th rounder with virtually no experience.

Does this mean Whitner would have been avilable at 15? No... nothing is ever for sure... but looking at the deal the Bills had and closely looking at who was picking behind them, the odds were in their favor.

I think we should really assume that Marv & Co. did look at the teams picking behind them......looked at the odds......and made a reasonable decision.....and ended up with a guy that can play football(potentially great football).

......or you could be right & Marv & Co. didn't think things through & didn't take the trade because.....they were scared?.....they were fixated on a player?.......they were taking a nap?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic