Bass Pro

Movinon

From what I have heard, the cleanup of the Buffalo River is going to run into the multi-millions. It is a damn shame that the companies that did the dumping over the years, cannot be held accountable. :lol:

There is hope though... On the Calumet, just miles from Gary and Superfund sites, let alone the ecological disaster that is South Chicago... Eagles have made a comeback and are roosting in Jan/Feb... Bass along the river is booming... And low lake levels are helping some of the grasses to flourish along the river before rising pools level make it a perfect spot for the fish.

Yet, there are still signs at access points telling you not to come in contact with the water (ie: swim and jetski)...

Go figure??... We will just have to see if the eagles start croaking... My guess is that they are back, they won't...

There is hope for the BFLO river... Just don't kick up the sediment...

I can't comment on the levels of pollution in the Buffalo River; however it is an excellent fishery if you’re fishing for enjoyment and not substance.

My point exactly...

Just don't tell that to the bald eagles! And the indigant people who fish near the controlling works (dam) here for the 40 pound carp and huge turtles (not even sure it is legal to take the turtles... But they do...)

:lol::lol: