Is it just me or is Deion Sanders really trying to condone

Did anyone else want to barf watching Sanders whitewashing his "homie" with those softball questions? Now hearing him after the fact getting offended with the punishment handed down on Jones is the icing on the cake.

I live in Sanders' hometown in Fort myers, Fl. He refuses to comprehend the responsibility that Pacman is accountable for his actions. The commissioner is too severe in his severity. Give me a break! I'm so sick and tired of this guy sticking his big ass nose in anything that is self promoting or rebelling against society. He has the mentality of a Spike Lee.

Here is someone that gets arrested in his hometown because he wouldn't conform to rules. As stupid as it sounds this guy gets arrested by the Port Authority for fishing on a lake owned by the Southwest Florida International Airport. this after he was already warned not to do it. Two years early he ignores a policeman's warning after a baseball game at Riverfront Stadium and drives his motorcycle thru a restricted gate, dragging the guy for about 15 or 20 feet.

Here's a guy that acts like he's righteous and then he stiffs my buddy's father, who is white, that helped coach at one of his youth baseball camps. It wasn't the money that galls me, it's that all the other coaches who were black got paid. Now he's going to get up on his soapbox and preach that the young brother who has bling and wears dreadlocks is being punished too harshly?!

Another class act by this azz-ole. There's a local kid by the name of Noel Devine. He just finished high school and this kid is a RB who is unbelievable. Check him out on you tube, you'll be wanting Buffalo to draft him in a few years but forget it, he's a rockhead. Sanders, the knight in shining armor' comes swooping down and takes this kid under his wing and is going to show him the way. Old neon Deion starts the process of interviewing potential colleges for the kid. When he talks to his old alma mater, FSU, he steers the kid clear of them. No big deal but now the alumni can't stand his ass and won't even give him tickets to their games. Ha! Now before anyone starts jumping my sh-- about this, thinking how admirable of him, hold that thought. This jerk is only involved and concerned now is because he is looking to become this kid's agent.

Look, I can go on and on about this militant big mouth but I won't. I'm just giving you some insight, not only on this jerk but also how we the public get played by the media and it's spokespeople. Shame on the NFL Access for giving this shameless clown the airtime. This is a voice of opinion that I'm going to believe and listen to? I don't think so! If Pacman Jones was white, you either wouldn't hear a peep out of Deion or he'd be one of the first ones to burn him at the stake. I just wanted to share a little insight on someone that the media and other sources put in front of us. It's really insulting to watch someone so disgusting spouting his BS.

Here's a couple of links on this wonderful evangelist. Tell me how remorseful he looks in his mugshot. Ah yes, a picture is worth a thousand words.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/deionmugshot1.html

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...75BC0A962958260

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...75BC0A96F948260

Hemlines go up and hem lines go down.

Deion is locked into the old days when the NFL and the NFLPA used to do battle and the union and its players reflexively opposed anything the owners did and defended the players regardless of how stupid the players acts were.

Today however, the NFL and the NFLPA are partners (and arguably the players are the majority partners after the new CBA gave them 60.5% of the total gross receipts).

One of the big keys to the PacMan and Henry suspensions was a year long campaign by Gene Upshaw and other NFLPA leaders like Troy Vincent who have been taking the message to camp after camp and player after player that the few who are idiots are giving a bad name to all the players and now that they are getting unprecedented money from the NFL cashcow they need to join their junior partners in disciplining the minority of players who are felon or they threaten to upset the cashcow for all of them.

This crusade gave Goodell the leverage he needed to lower the boom on the two and send a message to the players who are close to the line.

Interestingly, the new rule say flat out that Team employees are going to be held to an even higher standard than the players and the teams can be fined heavily when individual players get out of line. The next step is some poor idiot who works for a team will step out of line and he will get publicly nailed as well.

Deion as far as the NFL goes is simply a product of the old way of acting and thinking and simply will be ignored with a shake of the head by the players. Except he can forget any honors coming from the NFL or in the future old timers committees.

As far as his personal habit, arrest him if breaks the law otherwise ignore him.

Tipster and Pyrite,

While I usually am in agreement with most of your posts, I have to disagree here. Deion was one of the first people post Mexico-gate (with the water bottle at the airport) to say plain English that sort of situation is what keeps a guy like Vick from becoming the true face of the NFL. He went on to say it wasn't a black or white thing, but those sorts of incidents reinforce stereotypes that are already prevalent and will not help matters.

In terms of Adam Jones -

1) No one else would have gotten him to answer even those softball questions. If anything that shows to me that Deion is respected by the players of this generation and not "ignored with a shake of the head by the players."

2) Deion has a personal stake in this since he tried to mentor Jones while he was at WVU and upon his arrival to the NFL. He did the same for Devin Hester, to the point of moving him into his home. Was he biased with the fact it shouldn't be a year because of it? Absolutely. But I don't believe feels the way he does because he's black and so is Adam Jones. However, he does identify with him because of their similar backgrounds as black men who came from crappy environments.

3) I didn't know there was a rule that said Christians can't screw up like "regular" people. Just because you take JC as your savior doesn't mean you turn into him...at least overnight.

4) Noel Devine issue - Deion did the same thing as I mentioned with Hester, and as far as I know he isn't getting a red cent from him. Maybe this is a different case.

With respect to your friend's dad - that's screwed up and I have nothing to defend on that case. If that's true, that's not only wrong, it should be illegal. Has he sued for payment?

I think at the end of the day guys like Pacman (and Devine and Hester) look at Deion as a guy that was in the league and exemplified the "Prime Time" personae they now want to emulate. However, the only way the Deion of now can fix what the Deion of then showed those kids is to try and show them what he was doing (off field) wasn't a successful corollary to his on-field accomplishments.