Detroit's WR Mike Williams will surely get traded or cut.

Here's a link to his status. I wonder if he could be worked into our line-up and if so, what capacity. Would he be a good addition? My guess is that this guy becomes a June 1st casualty. I'm making this post more so to have people keep in mind that June 1st will provide some unique opportunities and we don't have to live and die by the draft.

http://blog.mlive.com/lionsinsider/2007/04..._in_detroi.html

Here's a link to his status. I wonder if he could be worked into our line-up and if so, what capacity. Would he be a good addition? My guess is that this guy becomes a June 1st casualty. I'm making this post more so to have people keep in mind that June 1st will provide some unique opportunities and we don't have to live and die by the draft.

Having him under the right system would be nice, but i dont see marv going in this direction.

but June 1st will have some very interseting cuts.

and does anyone know if Darrel Jackson from seattle still wants to be traded i wont mind giving them one of our 3rds for him.

I really liked this kid in college - he seemed like a Keyshawn clone (tall, great hands, strong enough to break jams and finds a way to get open + he didn't have "coachability" issues) which when you think about it - is a perfect possession receiver and exactly what we need. If our front office vets the details and finds his problems in Detroit were due to scheme and not character-related, this is a pickup I would like.

I really liked this kid in college - he seemed like a Keyshawn clone (tall, great hands, strong enough to break jams and finds a way to get open + he didn't have "coachability" issues) which when you think about it - is a perfect possession receiver and exactly what we need. If our front office vets the details and finds his problems in Detroit were due to scheme and not character-related, this is a pickup I would like.

He was great in college. Makes me wonder why he sucks so bad in the pros. My guess it is character related. I recall an interview during a game with Williams while he was at USC. Meshawn was doing the interview and Williams bragged how he was better the Meshawn ever was right then. Meshawn actually shut up and didnt know what to say. Pretty brash

Me Thinks the mike williams issues are what they were pre- draft. While he has tremendous size and good strength his initial quickness was suspect, and people wondered whether he'd be able to effectively run off routes to gain seperation from defenders and could be jammed up, and that he might eventualy be better be moved to TE. In order to take advantage of his size he could make a tremedous redzone option, matching up better with lbs, and safeties then he would with nfl cb's. I'd still take a chance on him if he is cut, because he was/maybe is a tremendous talent.

He was great in college. Makes me wonder why he sucks so bad in the pros. My guess it is character related. I recall an interview during a game with Williams while he was at USC. Meshawn was doing the interview and Williams bragged how he was better the Meshawn ever was right then. Meshawn actually shut up and didnt know what to say. Pretty brash

Mike has to understand one thing - you can only get away with being a pain in the a$$ if you are great- if you are not great you better be a model citizen- and mike ain't great.

Which could open the door for Millen to take Calvin Johnson if the Raiders end up with Russell or Quinn or Joe Thomas.

Which could open the door for Millen to take Calvin Johnson if the Raiders end up with Russell or Quinn or Joe Thomas.

It's funny to hear the 'sky is falling' posts on this board, the endless shots from various media outlets re: the state of the bills...and then you go and read about the Detroit Lions. THAT is a disaster. Not that this is a surprise to anyone. That team isn't head in any direction. They've been spinning their wheels for years. A user summerized their first round picks over the last few years. What a total train wreck:

Terry Fair- bust ( not with team)

Bryant Westbrook- injury ( not with team)

Chris Claribourne- solid starter ( not with team)

Stockar McDougle- average tackle ( not with team)

Joey Harrington- ( not with team)

Charles Rogers- (not with team)

Mike Williams- ( soon to be cut or traded)

You know, there really is no better way to feel better about your team than looking over the Detroit Lions.