Just for fun

Dante

Okay. This from the canoe.ca/ Toronto Sun website. My favorite online NHL site predicting the playoffs

"

Sharks and Sabres in the finals and SJ grinds out a hard-fought series.

San Jose wins the Stanley Cup."

Should be a good one if it happens. GO SHARKS!

Entire preview here

http://blog.canoe.ca/drhockey

The Sharks would certainly have earned the Cup if that's the case. Assuming the favorites all win (probably won't happen but let's pretend for a minute) then look at SJ's road to the Cup (Sharks would open on the road in each series):

Rd 1 Nashville

Rd 2 Detroit

Rd 3 Anaheim

Finals Buffalo

16 wins against the three best in the West and the best in the East...It would be hard to say that they didn't earn it....

The Sharks would certainly have earned the Cup if that's the case. Assuming the favorites all win (probably won't happen but let's pretend for a minute) then look at SJ's road to the Cup (Sharks would open on the road in each series):

Rd 1 Nashville

Rd 2 Detroit

Rd 3 Anaheim

Finals Buffalo

16 wins against the three best in the West and the best in the East...It would be hard to say that they didn't earn it....

Should it happen they will have earned it. No doubt about it. The only problem with that scenario is it almost has to assume Joe Thornton doesn't play like the playoff Joe Thornton; which until it actually happens makes me expect to see SJ win somewhere between 2-6 games this Spring.

Should it happen they will have earned it. No doubt about it. The only problem with that scenario is it almost has to assume Joe Thornton doesn't play like the playoff Joe Thornton; which until it actually happens makes me expect to see SJ win somewhere between 2-6 games this Spring.

Based on Joe's history in the playoffs it's hard for me to come up with a good arguement except for that I hope things change this spring. Joe, however did'nt disappear until the second round of the playoffs this year.(A sign of improvment?) I think a bigger concern of mine as far as San Jose goes is the depth of conference. Buffalo will most certainly have a easier road to the finals and Im worried by the time the Sharks get there (if they do) thier best will be gone. I really like teh Sabres to win it all for this reason. No matter who emerges out of the west. Ruff is also a big key. I just don't see him letting his team get ambushed in the playoffs. I cant see him letting the Sabres get overconfident or complacent. Only thing that could bite Buffalo in the a$$ is if the refs relax the clutch and grab for teh playoffs and teams can cheat thier way to a win over them. Much like they did last season when the Sharks got ground down by the Oilers.

Only thing that could bite Buffalo in the a$$ is if the refs relax the clutch and grab for teh playoffs and teams can cheat thier way to a win over them. Much like they did last season when the Sharks got ground down by the Oilers.

If the refs relax the clutch and grab, we could be looking at a New Jersey v Minnesota final. From a rating point of view, I don't think the NHL would want that!! Keep calling the games as they have all season and Buffalo and Ottawa are favorites in the East and it's wide open in the West.

It's a premature shot -- let's wait until both teams at least reach the conference finals. I don't dislike San Jose, however that will change if they meet the Sabres in the SC Finals.

Based on Joe's history in the playoffs it's hard for me to come up with a good arguement except for that I hope things change this spring. Joe, however did'nt disappear until the second round of the playoffs this year.(A sign of improvment?) I think a bigger concern of mine as far as San Jose goes is the depth of conference. Buffalo will most certainly have a easier road to the finals and Im worried by the time the Sharks get there (if they do) thier best will be gone. I really like teh Sabres to win it all for this reason. No matter who emerges out of the west. Ruff is also a big key. I just don't see him letting his team get ambushed in the playoffs. I cant see him letting the Sabres get overconfident or complacent. Only thing that could bite Buffalo in the a$$ is if the refs relax the clutch and grab for teh playoffs and teams can cheat thier way to a win over them. Much like they did last season when the Sharks got ground down by the Oilers.

Can't say I disagree with anything you posted. I'm hoping that the refs actually call penalties in the playoffs, Frasier being gone and McCreary and Devorski still reffing means it's possible. Marouelli and Koharski still reffing is not a good sign. If the refs DO call the game with the "new" interpretations, the Sabres will be extremely hard to beat if they stay healthy; it won't hurt your boys any either. Last year, it seemed the league would bump the refs that let the most stuff go in each round from the rest of the tourney. Obviously, I am hoping that is what they do again this year.

With a couple of fortuitous upsets in the early rounds, the Sabres could have very good matchups through the 1st 2-3 rounds. The West will be a dogfight and whoever comes out of the East should be healthier.

Okay. This from the canoe.ca/ Toronto Sun website. My favorite online NHL site predicting the playoffs

"

Sharks and Sabres in the finals and SJ grinds out a hard-fought series.

San Jose wins the Stanley Cup."

Should be a good one if it happens. GO SHARKS!

Entire preview here

http://blog.canoe.ca/drhockey

Never happen. The Sabres have more history.

and my sister in law lives 20 minutes from there...I dont like their chances, but would love to see it

If Sabres/Ducks ever happens..you need to fly to SoCal and we need to get a tailgate party going at the Honda Center