Marv is doing the right things

Marv has done a lot of good for this team and I'm glad he is back. He did, however, make a mistake by promising not to franchise Clements. We could have tagged and traded him for at least a first rounder.
Clements should have had his contract extended by TD. Marve agreed to not franchise him again to avoid the problems Chicago is having this year with Briggs. I think the mistake Marv made was not trading Nate last year. How many more games would we have lost without him, and would it have mattered ( other than a higher pick in this years draft ).

Clements should have had his contract extended by TD. Marve agreed to not franchise him again to avoid the problems Chicago is having this year with Briggs. I think the mistake Marv made was not trading Nate last year. How many more games would we have lost without him, and would it have mattered ( other than a higher pick in this years draft ).

I think Marv knew he needed Nate last year and that Nate, was quite likely, to have a great year. Marv needed for the team to experience SOME success. In order to right this ship, he needed to have stability and make progress. Sometimes you have to take small victories in order to build toward greatness.

My guess is, Marv swallowed this pill hard (keeping Nate and knowing he would get nothing next year)...but, in retrospect it was the RIGHT thing to do.