Tell AJ to beat it. Buffalo can make a trade with Tennessee.

Ok it's draft day and Buffalo is on the clock but Willis has already been selected. Now what? The needs talked about the most for Buffalo has been LB, RB and CB. If Willis is gone then either we can take Poz or Lynch. The problem with taking Lynch is it knocks us out of taking one of the premiere LBs. Taking Poz at #12 can happen but why not try to slide back a bit and get more compensation and then select Poz?

Tennessee would make a good trade partner but like us they have plenty of needs and too few draft picks. I've been kicking around the concept of trading our 1st rd picks with them. Obviously we would need additional compensation from them and that's where it would have to get creative. If they swapped their 2nd rd pick (#50) for our 3rd rd pick (#92) from Baltimore it would get closer but still not enough. I know that right now it looks like we have more than enough DTs but none of them strike me as a run stuffer and that's where RFA DT Randy Starks comes into play. He would make not only a good insurance policy but also strengthen our rotation with McCargo.

This allows Tennessee to move ahead of Green Bay and be able to draft Lynch without giving up one of their few valuable draft picks but still give valid value for us. Now picking at #19 we would still be able to draft Poz, shore up our D-Line even more and for the long term and increase our draft pick value from a late 3rd rder to a mid 2nd rder. We would then have two 2nd rd picks and an early 3rd rd pick still. Our first pick in the 2nd rd (#43) we select CB Marcus McCauley and the second 2nd rder (#50) we take RB Brandon Jackson. Now with just our original 3rd rd pick (#74) being the only first day pick left for us we take the best available player or even take another LB like Tim Shaw or Justin Durant. I think that our defense would be set for years to come.

Before this type of scenario gets shot down, consider the other benefits and ramifications that result with a small trade back in the 1st rd. The money gets smaller for the players and in the second and third rds there's abundant of talent in that range this year.

And since second-round wages top out around $1.25 million per year for four years and quickly get below $1 million a year as you get deeper in the round. That's the kind of price-control the Bills need with this cash to cap situation. This will allow us to have a cushion for any potential future trades or June 1st pick ups.

With the sheer number of holes this team has, it wouldn't be a bad move to move back and acquire another first day pick.

If Willis is there, take him.

They could take Leon Hall here, but doubt they would. In this case, it would be smart to trade down with either GB or TEN, both of whom need a RB and the Bills can address the RB in the 2nd.

Ok it's draft day and Buffalo is on the clock but Willis has already been selected. Now what? The needs talked about the most for Buffalo has been LB, RB and CB. If Willis is gone then either we can take Poz or Lynch. The problem with taking Lynch is it knocks us out of taking one of the premiere LBs. Taking Poz at #12 can happen but why not try to slide back a bit and get more compensation and then select Poz?

Tennessee would make a good trade partner but like us they have plenty of needs and too few draft picks. I've been kicking around the concept of trading our 1st rd picks with them. Obviously we would need additional compensation from them and that's where it would have to get creative. If they swapped their 2nd rd pick (#50) for our 3rd rd pick (#92) from Baltimore it would get closer but still not enough. I know that right now it looks like we have more than enough DTs but none of them strike me as a run stuffer and that's where RFA DT Randy Starks comes into play. He would make not only a good insurance policy but also strengthen our rotation with McCargo.

This allows Tennessee to move ahead of Green Bay and be able to draft Lynch without giving up one of their few valuable draft picks but still give valid value for us. Now picking at #19 we would still be able to draft Poz, shore up our D-Line even more and for the long term and increase our draft pick value from a late 3rd rder to a mid 2nd rder. We would then have two 2nd rd picks and an early 3rd rd pick still. Our first pick in the 2nd rd (#43) we select CB Marcus McCauley and the second 2nd rder (#50) we take RB Brandon Jackson. Now with just our original 3rd rd pick (#74) being the only first day pick left for us we take the best available player or even take another LB like Tim Shaw or Justin Durant. I think that our defense would be set for years to come.

Before this type of scenario gets shot down, consider the other benefits and ramifications that result with a small trade back in the 1st rd. The money gets smaller for the players and in the second and third rds there's abundant of talent in that range this year.

And since second-round wages top out around $1.25 million per year for four years and quickly get below $1 million a year as you get deeper in the round. That's the kind of price-control the Bills need with this cash to cap situation. This will allow us to have a cushion for any potential future trades or June 1st pick ups.

Ive been thinking about Leon Hall. Picking up the consensus #1 corner is never a bad thing, even though if Youboty steps in it would be somewhat of a luxurious pick, but in todays game, especially in the AFC it helps to have as many guys who can cover as possible.

The only thing that would justify the Leon Hall pick would be if we could address LB and RB needs adequately with something other than a first round pick.

Ive been thinking about Leon Hall. Picking up the consensus #1 corner is never a bad thing, even though if Youboty steps in it would be somewhat of a luxurious pick, but in todays game, especially in the AFC it helps to have as many guys who can cover as possible.

The only thing that would justify the Leon Hall pick would be if we could address LB and RB needs adequately with something other than a first round pick.

You can never have enough good cb's. Even if Youboty is great, I could see him & Hall, McGee as the nickel. According to NFL network there are a number of Quality LB's availabe in rounds 3&4.

Unfortunately I agree with you!!! Ok sue me but I think acquiring LB in the 1st is a priority. We could then take Bush/Pittman/Turner with our 2nd (Turner might require a 3rd this year or next year but who cares at this point). We fill our desperate needs at LB and RB in rds 1 and 2 and we can then focus on getting: a starting FB, a backup LB, a backup CB, a backup DT in rds 3-5. Forget what the experts think, I believe we can be contenders this year if we do this. We have glaring needs at RB and LB. Without addressing LB and RB in the first 2 rds we are in serious trouble. It doesnt matter IMO if we draft an OLB or ILB because Crowell can play either OLB or ILB effectively. If we were to trade with TEN I would hope for an extra 3rd rounder this year. Then, we could trade a 3rd rounder for Turner this year or use it to address our many other needs.

I think Youboty is our guy at 2CB this year no matter what happens. He wasn't brought in to be another Tim Anderson, he will be expected to start.

Very creative scenario, Tipster, and sound reasoning to boot. A good, efficient plan in which to acquire as much top level talent in a most cost effective way. There's certainly more than one way to skin this cat, but I do like the idea of acquiring more picks.

Just a question ... why would GB or TEN HAVE to draft Lynch in the first round, but for the good ol' Bills someone in the second is just fine? Just curious. Why wouldn't TEN have the same mindset?