Cadillac Williams?

Chilly

Here's a rumor that I saw on SI.com.

There's a crazy rumor fueled by Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden's praise of Adrian Peterson: The Bucs could take the Oklahoma running back at No. 4 and then trade Cadillac Williams (Green Bay? Buffalo?) for a pick and a player.

-- Trenton Times

I doubt very highly that this is true, but I would take Cadillac in a heart beat for our 1st round pick. I believe that Cadillac is a better option than Turner or any RB in the draft. He's a very strong runner who has been stuck behind a crappy OL in TB. A combination of Cadillac and A-Train would instantly upgrade our offense.

I'd have to think Salary Cap considerations might trump this though - TB would most likely get a huge cap hit if Caddy is traded.

I doubt very highly that this is true, but I would take Cadillac in a heart beat for our 1st round pick. I believe that Cadillac is a better option than Turner or any RB in the draft. He's a very strong runner who has been stuck behind a crappy OL in TB. A combination of Cadillac and A-Train would instantly upgrade our offense.

I'd have to think Salary Cap considerations might trump this though - TB would most likely get a huge cap hit if Caddy is traded.

why did he have such a horrible year last year?

he played in the same number of games as his rookie year (14) but gained only 57 ypg at 3.5 ypc...was he banged up?

could be just a smoke screen.. they always throw up some bs.. they want calvin johnson

and the 3 aforementioned are better then caddy

why did he have such a horrible year last year?

he played in the same number of games as his rookie year (14) but gained only 57 ypg at 3.5 ypc...was he banged up?

Cadillac was battling back spasms, Simms was out for pretty much the whole year (they became a one-dimensional offense), and the inability to replace Todd Steussie all contributed to a bad season offensively for the Bucs.

If they are trading up to get Peterson then Peterson would be available at our pick and I would take Peterson instead regardless of the additional player, unless he was a total stud and I doubt that Bucs would do that.

The Bucs have the 4th pick in the draft.

Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to say CW was a flash in the pan. After he first three games as a Buc he started to constantly get banged up and he slowed right down. No thanks.

BTW, I also see it as smoke and mirrors for CJ....but you can't rule out QB in TB either. Depends on how Simms is feeling and how much confidence Gruden has in him.

Cadillac was battling back spasms, Simms was out for pretty much the whole year (they became a one-dimensional offense), and the inability to replace Todd Steussie all contributed to a bad season offensively for the Bucs.

The Bucs have the 4th pick in the draft.

Oooops. My bad. I wasn't thinking. Still, I don't see a scenario that I would give up for Cadillac. Unless it was a #3 and a back-up player.

Theyre not gonna get rid of caddy. They started out the year with neither first string guard helthy until like week 5. Their QB situation with or without simms was atrocious. Their line, even when healthy, is garbage.

I dont think Caddillac is the next LT or anything but hes better than showed last year. In addition to being part of what one poster called a "one dimensional" offense(which I call no dimensional) he was also banged up from the get-go.

I haven't heard this rumor locally. Caddy had a down year last year due to injury, no QB, & an O-line worse than Buffalos was at the begining of the season. The rumor I have heard, is if the Bucs don't make the playoffs, Gruden will be fired. That being the case the Bucs will draft Calvin Johnson if he is there or Joe Thomas if Johnson is gone but Thomas is still on the board, or Amobi Okoye if those two are gone(Gruden loves Okoye). The Bucs will not go QB because Gruden has to win now.

I would crap my pants in excitement if Caddilac came to Buffalo in exchange for our first round pick.

Cant say that I echo that sentiment. Theres 2 backs in the league worth that pick as far as I can tell, LT and Larry Johnson(minus the craziness), thatd probobly be it.

I take that back, Reggie Bush might make it 3.

Cant say that I echo that sentiment. Theres 2 backs in the league worth that pick as far as I can tell, LT and Larry Johnson(minus the craziness), thatd probobly be it.

I take that back, Reggie Bush might make it 3.

I feel the same way. No way would I give up our 1st for Cadilac. I would give up the two thirds or possibly a second.

Oooops. My bad. I wasn't thinking. Still, I don't see a scenario that I would give up for Cadillac. Unless it was a #3 and a back-up player.

Maybe.

(I hope you appreciate the extra insight I brought to this thread.)