Some Bills Drafts To Look At

Who's putting him down? But, are you convinced he'll be a strong #2? I don't know one way or the other. I'm not faulting him for a lack of playing time (as obie wan, might). Players don't decide when and if they get into the game.

But, I'd like to KNOW the #2 can handle the job. I didn't get that sense in preseason.

The other was just to throw something out to those who KNEW he would be the #1 last year. Nothing against him.

i dont think that holcomb wouldve been traded had the front office not believed in nall's ability to back up jp. but thats just my deductive reasoning. i say that qb will be one of our 7th rd picks.

i dont think that holcomb wouldve been traded had the front office not believed in nall's ability to back up jp. but thats just my deductive reasoning. i say that qb will be one of our 7th rd picks.

...and that's cool if they think Nall can handle the snaps. I really trust Marv and co.

Deja vu

Whoah!

[ This is an automated response ] And twice as true today !

None of Astrobot's programs spit out Tony Hunt, the plodding hammer with no upside that we are sure to draft. Strange.

Russell's on to it. If they do draft a QB late he can be an interesting development project hella'deep on the depth chart compared to Nall. A real feast or famine type rather than a ready game manager.

[ This is an automated response ] And twice as true today !

None of Astrobot's programs spit out Tony Hunt, the plodding hammer with no upside that we are sure to draft. Strange.

Russell's on to it. If they do draft a QB late he can be an interesting development project hella'deep on the depth chart compared to Nall. A real feast or famine type rather than a ready game manager.

Gotta wonder if the QB you're describing is Kevin Kolb from Houston. I know New England is looking at him Source as well as Philadelphia Eagles, Oakland Raiders, and Baltimore Ravens. The Raiders would pick before us in the 7th Round.

Gotta wonder if the QB you're describing is Kevin Kolb from Houston. I know New England is looking at him Source as well as Philadelphia Eagles, Oakland Raiders, and Baltimore Ravens. The Raiders would pick before us in the 7th Round.

I love the guys that you put on my radar ! He will (as I suspect the similar John Beck BYU) be off the board by the Bills seventh round pick.

A wild outsider would be the Washington Husky Isaiah Stanback who hasn't really come of age as a quarterback but was originally a track guy. Probably a FA candidate but more interesting to me than the current projects, Woodbury and Ochs.

I love the guys that you put on my radar ! He will (as I suspect the similar John Beck BYU) be off the board by the Bills seventh round pick.

A wild outsider would be the Washington Husky Isaiah Stanback who hasn't really come of age as a quarterback but was originally a track guy. Probably a FA candidate but more interesting to me than the current projects, Woodbury and Ochs.

Dude. Try to keep that stuff on the down low.

:thumbdown:

Stanback, as it seems, will probably be a 4-5th Rounder, not a 7th Rounder.

Palko is 5th-6th Round.

Zabransky is now projected to be Round 5,

and Kolb 4th Round.

I think Chris Leak is a 5th-6th Rounder.

To find a QB in Round 7, you'd most likely have to pick between one of these, and decide if they'd rate higher than Ochs-Woodbury:

Jeff Rowe, Nevada: "Started all 12 games in 2004 and threw for 2,633 yards, 15 touchdowns and 12 interceptions with a 58-percent completion percentage. Rowe again started every game in 2005 (11), when he completed 62-percent of his attempts for 2,925 yards, 21 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Rowe is a developmental prospect with ideal size. He is a confident leader and an accurate short-to-intermediate passer."

Toby Korrodi, Cent. Missouri State: Great zip on his passes (5 mph faster than Stanback and Troy Smith), 29 TD's 5 INT's this season, 5.3 speed.

Zac Taylor, Nebraska. Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year. Lacks zip on his passes, but 9th in NCAA in pass efficiency, is a quick study. Good leadership skills. Might be better fit in a West Coast offense.

Matt Guitierrez 6-4 230 Idaho St. - Starter for the 2004 season opener against Miami (OH), but suffered a shoulder injury, and did not throw a pass that season ... finished his career in game vs. Michigan 27-for-41, completing 65.9 percent of his passes, for 286 yards and a touchdown ... his career quarterback rating is 132.5 on sparse work. Developmental prospect.

Hopelessly queer for the draft, not a bit ashamed...

I'm sportin a pretty nice football woodie, too. But not for any particular player, mind you.

Stanback, as it seems, will probably be a 4-5th Rounder, not a 7th Rounder.

Jeff Rowe, Nevada: "Started all 12 games in 2004 and threw for 2,633 yards, 15 touchdowns and 12 interceptions with a 58-percent completion percentage. Rowe again started every game in 2005 (11), when he completed 62-percent of his attempts for 2,925 yards, 21 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Rowe is a developmental prospect with ideal size. He is a confident leader and an accurate short-to-intermediate passer."

That is nutty for a guy who can barely play the position... but hey, I get it.

Rowe, I think goes higher. He played in some wacky offense ( the "Wolf" ?) that might translate for some teams but not ours.

And it occurs to me that Fresno RB Wright looks like a 4-5th rounder now... there's just not much depth to that RB class.

With The LB Picked First (4 Defense, 4 Offense):

1. P.Willis ILB

2. Daymeion Hughes CB

3. Lorenzo Booker RB

3. Josh Beekman OG

4. Tony Taylor OLB

6. Jason Snelling FB

7. Trannon WR

7. Joe Cohen DT

Booker is not a guy I want on the Bills, but there has GOT to be a way to get Beekman on our team. BC continues to pump out guys who can play OG, and in the cold to boot.

Willis and Beekman in the same draft? Imo this would be simply awesome, and it is possible imo.