It's time to back away from the negotiating table for now.

The fact remains that you, personally, know absolutely NOTHING about what is happening beyond "someone sent a jet" and "someone asked about pricing." THAT is the reality. Beyond that, you can take everything you know about what is specifically happening between the Bills, Turner and the Chargers and comfortably cram it up the ass of a gnat. And based on THAT reality, you are ready to walk away?

And for the record, there was no personal attack beyond suggesting that you would be, without question, one of the worst negotiators ever.

Oh, I was without internet and now that I'm back this is what I see? I got news for you, your statements about me couldn't be further from the truth. ALL I do for a living is negotiate and I make six figures doing it. The irony of your statements got me laughing my ass off. Tell me more of what you know.

I just went back and reread what I originally posted to see if it warranted such a rant from you. All I said was that AJ was picking up steam with Tennessee and us showing so much interest at the same time. I said it would be in our best interest to back off and see where the chips fall. Don't act like I'm insinuating that I think that I know all. Quit beating your chest and get off your pedestal. The kicker here is you're accusing me of thinking that I know what's going on but you think that you know something about me. You're a hypocrite pal, now shove that up your gnat's ass.

IMHO ......... AJ and the Chargers are the people in the drivers seat here .............. Now I understand that Turner becomes a free agent NEXT YEAR, and the chargers risk losing him with no compensation NEXT YEAR ....... but the chargers should be worrying about THIS YEAR .......... LT is a broken leg/foot/arm/rib etc away from sitting out a significant amount of time, and it would sure be nice to have Turner sitting on the bench.

NEXT YEAR will take care of itself ..... the Chargers could tag him, give him a new contract for what he's worth, cut him, or whatever ............ I don't think the Chargers are in dire straits to dump Turner, any teams wanting the services of Mr. Turner will have to "pay the piper" .......... they can hold out for a damn good price. The only remaining question is ...... Are the Bills (or any other team) willing to pay the price?

AJ did a good job of giving everyone the perception that the Chargers are in the driver's seat. The fact that they had such an outstanding season last year also drives that perception. As long as multiple teams are showing interest, Turner's value will remain high. For that reason I'd like to see us slow down on our pursuit of Turner. Not stop pursuit, just back off a bit. Let's face it, they won't be keeping Turner next year and they don't want to let him go for nothing. Tagging him next year isn't an option because the cost would be far too great to keep Turner and LT. That really only leaves AJ 2 choices; trade Turner before/during the draft or wait for an in season injury and try and trade him then. I41 would much rather see us hold out until after we've made our selection at #12. If Peterson falls to us at 12 then Turner is a non-issue.

WTF are you talking about? You have no idea where we are in the negotiations, or if we're even seriously IN negotiations, and yet for whatever reason, you've decided we should walk away from what you perceive is happening because...ummm...why exactly?

Sorry to come across as all unfunny and boring, but I have never seen so many fans tuck tail and run from something of which they have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever.

If you're ever in town, we should get together for some high-stakes poker. I want to remodel my kitchen.

I like reading your posts most of the time, but do you have front seat at the negotiation table ? Yes ? No ? I'm assuming no, so don't bag on our Bills brethern for voicing their opinion.

AJ did a good job of giving everyone the perception that the Chargers are in the driver's seat. The fact that they had such an outstanding season last year also drives that perception. As long as multiple teams are showing interest, Turner's value will remain high. For that reason I'd like to see us slow down on our pursuit of Turner. Not stop pursuit, just back off a bit. Let's face it, they won't be keeping Turner next year and they don't want to let him go for nothing. Tagging him next year isn't an option because the cost would be far too great to keep Turner and LT. That really only leaves AJ 2 choices; trade Turner before/during the draft or wait for an in season injury and try and trade him then. I41 would much rather see us hold out until after we've made our selection at #12. If Peterson falls to us at 12 then Turner is a non-issue.

I don't think it's a "perception" but it's a reality ............... while I agree that it may be too expensive to tag him, and keep him, next year in addition to LT ....... what if LT has a career ending injury this year? It costs S.D. nothing this year to have a pretty darn good insurance policy at the ready.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no expert on the tagging rules ......... but to my limited knowledge ...... it would seem to me that the Chargers could swing some type of "tag and trade" deal on Turner next year if LT comes through this year unscathed. It's just my opinion that the need for another team to aquire Turner is more pressing than the Chargers need to dump Turner.

Since everybody seems stuck on the term "worth" I guess the bottom line is ...... is it "worth" more to the chargers to have a known quantity sitting on the bench in case of an unfortunate injury to LT this year ...... or is what the other teams are offering "worth" more this year. While I assume that there is some kind of accounting "magic" the Chargers would be able to pull, to save them from disaster next year, IMHO the main focus for most teams in the NFL (especially teams like the chargers who are one or two players away) is on THIS year.