If we are gonna give a 2nd for Turner I would rather:

Pete

I would rather package out second round pick with our #12 pick and jump up and draft Peterson. Peterson is the superior RB IMO and I much prefer to Turner. Makes sense to me. Cleveland has many holes and could use the additional pick. I think they would go for that. Do it Marv!

I would rather package out second round pick with our #12 pick and jump up and draft Peterson. Peterson is the superior RB IMO and I much prefer to Turner. Makes sense to me. Cleveland has many holes and could use the additional pick. I think they would go for that. Do it Marv!

So you'd rather have Peterson than Turner AND Patrick Willis? I wouldn't.

I wouldn't. I can't see moving up at all. Zero interest in that.

The obvious reason is that giving up your 2nd means you can grab another player with your first round selection and land a player (LB maybe?) who can start this year. Your trade means the first and second round picks yield a single player.

It looks like we still have money and need players, so I'd pay the higher salary to get Turner plus another player. (I'm assuming Turner + #12 > #6, but if I'm wrong it strengthens my case.)

I know that we would all like it to happen much earlier, but I don't think any of this is going to happen until draft day. I hope that the Bills brass is patient and waits to see how those first 10 picks pan out before pulling the trigger.

I'm confused, Pete. I understand you like AP better than Turner. No problem there.

But you'd rather use our #12 AND our 2nd round pick to get AP, than have Turner and the chance to get a Willis, Poz, Okoye, Levi Brown...or any QUALITY player? Really?

If you wanted to pull the trigger, it could be done. It could look something like this:

1. Peterson RB

3A. Tim Shaw OLB

3B. Fred Bennett CB

4. Mike Jones Iowa OG

6. Jason Snelling FB

7A. KaMichael Hall OLB

7B. Legedu Nannee WR

I agree, if you are going to give up a pick, trade up and get a player of impact. That's depends on who and where he is on our board.

PS: Calvin is the only guy I go up for and it would be too much ( multiple) so I SWAP picks because it adds players. If no stomach, stay or trade down. We need more players, not less.

I'm confused, Pete. I understand you like AP better than Turner. No problem there.

But you'd rather use our #12 AND our 2nd round pick to get AP, than have Turner and the chance to get a Willis, Poz, Okoye, Levi Brown...or any QUALITY player? Really?

I think Peterson is that good. If he turned out to be Tomlinson like wouldn't it be worth it? My point is if we are gonna straight up trade a #2 pick for Turner I would rather instead use that #2 pick for Peterson. I do not like parting with draft picks but if we are gonna I would rather get the impact player. Peterson is the real deal and will be a great NFL back and I love to think we might have a trio of JP, Lee, and Adrian the next 8 years.

I think Peterson is that good. If he turned out to be Tomlinson like wouldn't it be worth it? My point is if we are gonna straight up trade a #2 pick for Turner I would rather instead use that #2 pick for Peterson. I do not like parting with draft picks but if we are gonna I would rather get the impact player. Peterson is the real deal and will be a great NFL back and I love to think we might have a trio of JP, Lee, and Adrian the next 8 years.

OK. I disagree, but I understand. :thumbsup:

If you wanted to pull the trigger, it could be done. It could look something like this:

1. Peterson RB

3A. Tim Shaw OLB

3B. Fred Bennett CB

IMO, Willis + Turner would have much greater impact than those three picks.

I think if a trade for Peterson was made we could end up with better 3rds than that, although I do like those picks. Peterson is a franchise back, I don't think Turner has the recieving skills to qualify, although it's not like we've seen enough if him to know this. I know we have multiple needs, but I'm with Pete on this one, Peterson is a guy you can build an offense around, nobody else at 12 is a cornerstone in my opinion.

I agree 100%, RB's with the exception of a few are a product of the system... Look at all the back Denver has allowed to flourish. I would rather had an up and comer LB and a semi-proven RB in Turner than just Adrian peterson.

I agree with you.

If you can get Turner and still draft a player like Willis and thus fill two the big needs that is much better then only getting Peterson. Too many high end running backs end up being busts. Rather draft a RB later and then in the top 12.

Persoanlly, I offer two sawp 2nd's and give up one 3rd and maybe a late round pick for Turner. Swapping first would be like giving up the 33rd pick overall (according to the chart) and to me that is way too much for a backup when starters were dealt for a lot less.