Now what? Do we take Lynch in the 1st, Brandon Jackson in the

With the 12th pick, the Bills need an impact player, someone who can step in and contribute this season. And that player should be defense IMHO.

When Ralph asks about stopping the run and we draft a RB in the first round, well I'll t be somewhat disappointed. Then again, it's not my opinion that matters. Okoye and Willis appear to fit the mold for an impact defensive player. I'm not sure if both or one will be available, but if they intend on giving up less than those 140.9 rypg they did last season, they'll go defense. The chance at Willis, who's regularly running a sub 4.4 40, has great character and super work ethic is too much. He's not a guaranteed player, no one is, but I'd grab someone who can make offenses think twice about running the ball too much.

More often than not, what you get in the 2nd round and below is not going to help this season. RB is one of those positions that can feature a guy playing well their rookie season from the second. However, there aren't many on defense that are available in a given draft who can.

DJ=Defense

While I tend to agree the Bills will and should go D in Rd #1, to bring the "overheard" remark by Ralph into it is wrong, IMO. Ralph may have ALSO asked, "Can we run effectively?" and it was not "overheard".

Run and Stop the Run, is the standard cliche, I believe,

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the 12th pick, the Bills need an impact player, someone who can step in and contribute this season. And that player should be defense IMHO.

When Ralph asks about stopping the run and we draft a RB in the first round, well I'll t be somewhat disappointed. Then again, it's not my opinion that matters. Okoye and Willis appear to fit the mold for an impact defensive player. I'm not sure if both or one will be available, but if they intend on giving up less than those 140.9 rypg they did last season, they'll go defense. The chance at Willis, who's regularly running a sub 4.4 40, has great character and super work ethic is too much. He's not a guaranteed player, no one is, but I'd grab someone who can make offenses think twice about running the ball too much.

More often than not, what you get in the 2nd round and below is not going to help this season. RB is one of those positions that can feature a guy playing well their rookie season from the second. However, there aren't many on defense that are available in a given draft who can.

DJ=Defense

I can see P. Willis making an immediate impact, but not Okoye. He played well in Lousville, but he's still only 19 and would be stepping on the field against 30 year old men whove been playing football since he was in Elementary school. Everyone that I've heard talk says that he's "definitely talented and would be an interesting project". Wherever he gets drafted, it's for his potential and not his immediate impact.