Now what? Do we take Lynch in the 1st, Brandon Jackson in the

The Buffalo News' Mark Gaughan reported that while Turner was scheduled to be in Buffalo today, the trip was cancelled, due to flight problems, and would "likely be re-scheduled" next week. Hence the conclusion jumping....

To me, that sounds like the kind of excuse a girl uses when she doesn't want to go on a date with you, but doesn't have the heart to tell you flat out...

Then why is the Buffalo Bills website and wgr BOTH reporting Turner was in fact in town today?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why is the Buffalo Bills website and wgr BOTH reporting Turner was in fact in town today?

Maybe because it was assumed all along that he was coming today...Gaughan posted his story at 4:11pm, Buffalo time...likely around quitting time at 1 Bills Drive. Maybe he is wrong, or maybe the Bills website and WGR are guilty of assuming....remember, Dewey defeated Truman!

http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/46650.html

I STILL can't find it on buffalobills.com

Wanna help a brother out with a link or a cut and paste?

I STILL can't find it on buffalobills.com

Wanna help a brother out with a link or a cut and paste?

Here you go....

http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/04/tu...o-running-back/

What I find most diconcerting about this article, is that it says the Bills are "keeping an eye" on Kevan Barlow...yuck....

I am betting Gaughan is right...that is why the trip went unnoticed.

Here you go....

http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/04/tu...o-running-back/

What I find most diconcerting about this article, is that it says the Bills are "keeping an eye" on Kevan Barlow...yuck....

I am betting Gaughan is right...that is why the trip went unnoticed.

Did you actually read the link?

It only says that he was supposed to meet with the Bills today, and that nobody noticed.

It never says he arrived in Buffalo.

It was written at 4:25 pm.

We shall see...I am betting Gaughans' story is accurate. Why would he write it? Notice the other story gives no details about the visit, implies that Turner has already come and gone to Buffalo, and it went unnoticed by all. Gaughan is paid to follow the Bills on a daily basis. The other guy is writing for the Bills website...sort of a bit of PR maybe? Gaughan has to try to maintain his credibility as a new reporter (okay, I know it is the Buffalo News, but play along with me here), while the other guy is paid to spin a positive picture on all things Bills related. It wouldn't look good to say that the Bills were stood up by their date to the prom....

Where there is smoke.

Still, the restraining order stands, meaning that Lynch won't be able to get near the woman -

Lynch almost shot

California running back Marshawn Lynch has been given a "clean bill of health" by most NFL teams, according to Profootballtalk.com.

Word has circulated that Lynch has a bad back, but PFT says the talk may be the result of one team starting bad rumors about a player it's eyeing. We're still trying to pinpoint why Lynch's short shuttle time was so slow.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

Yea he should be N.F.L. man of the year just after he signs that contract.

A questionable testimony from a girlfriend who may get charged for perjury and a case of mistaken identity is what you're basing an opinion on? Please tell me you never served jury duty. He may not come from the most desireable background but I think that if people want to judge the players based on any kind of allegation then there is plenty of other players who would be of questionable character.

here's a couple of links.

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/030707aac.html

Here's one that's interesting. Read the background section, he sounds like someone you might be familiar with, I can't think who though.

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/ne...;league=fantasy

Ooh, look who the NFL comparison is to.

http://www.draftshowcase.com/MarshawnLynch.htm

Did you actually read the link?

It only says that he was supposed to meet with the Bills today, and that nobody noticed.

It never says he arrived in Buffalo.

Yeah, I read it....what am I missing? I guess I was fooled by the highlighted passage:

Turner in Town: Bills Meet With San Diego Running Back

Posted Apr 4th 2007 4:25PM by Dan Benton

Filed under: Bills, Chargers, AFC East, Buffalo

Considering the amount of attention Chargers running back Michael Turner has received lately, it's hard to believe that him visiting Buffalo went relatively unnoticed today. Yet somehow it did and Turner came and went without so much as a national whisper.

There is no telling exactly how the meeting went or if the two sides were even on the same page. Either way, Turner would cost the Bills a ton. It would start with their first and third round draft picks and conclude with a large contract. Something that Turner is potentially worth if he catches on with a team and starts -- an unlikely scenario for the Bills who plan to use a running back by committee next season.

As a "back-up plan" of sorts, the Bills are also keeping their eye on free agent running back Kevan Barlow.

A questionable testimony from a girlfriend who may get charged for perjury and a case of mistaken identity is what you're basing an opinion on? Please tell me you never served jury duty. He may not come from the most desireable background but I think that if people want to judge the players based on any kind of allegation then there is plenty of other players who would be of questionable character.

here's a couple of links.

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/030707aac.html

Here's one that's interesting. Read the background section, he sounds like someone you might be familiar with, I can't think who though.

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/ne...;league=fantasy

Ooh, look who the NFL comparison is to.

http://www.draftshowcase.com/MarshawnLynch.htm

that could use improvement.

Lynch is quick and agile, but he does not possess awe-inspiring speed. The 2007 NFL Combine will give Lynch an opportunity to showcase his swiftness. If he can run the 40-yard dash in under 4.5 seconds, hell improve his draft stock considerably.

His shuttle stunk 4.58 , Leonard who is more of a West coast FB ran 4.22 , Pittman, 4.16 couple all of the questions on his character and health along with his 40 yd and size 5-11 215 4.46 and I will take Turner who is bigger Height: 5-10 Weight: 237 and who runs a 4:40.

It seems like if the Bills don't get Lynch or Peterson, the next guy in line would be Antonio Pittman. He is smart and comes across well in interviews etc., probably doesn't hurt that is from Ohio State.

The Bills are kinda in a quandry. They need a back, but they might have some reservations about Lynch. He seems a little tight in interviews, like he is on his best behavior. I think he is probably fine "character" wise, but if the Bills blow it, that could seriously hamper the development of the team.

Pittman looks pretty good and might develop. He is a Junior. There are concerns about his size, but he could bulk up a bit, he's 5'10", the right height. The footage I have seen shows him making big runs against well blocked defenders that don't touch him until he is well past the line of scrimmage.

Personally I am at the point where (unless AP is available at 12) I hope we simply trade down in the first round and pick up some extra picks. Chris Brown? Nah. Just trade down, get a couple of extra picks, and hopefully Lynch falls to you in the 20's. If not, then you still have 5 picks the first day.

i agree but only if peterson and willis are gone then we trade down and add picks

that could use improvement.

Lynch is quick and agile, but he does not possess awe-inspiring speed. The 2007 NFL Combine will give Lynch an opportunity to showcase his swiftness. If he can run the 40-yard dash in under 4.5 seconds, hell improve his draft stock considerably.

His shuttle stunk 4.58 , Leonard who is more of a West coast FB ran 4.22 , Pittman, 4.16 couple all of the questions on his character and health along with his 40 yd and size 5-11 215 4.46 and I will take Turner who is bigger Height: 5-10 Weight: 237 and who runs a 4:40.

LOL, I really don't care if his shuttle time 'stunk'. Post their *official* combine performances in the 40 (including 10 and 20 yard intervals), vertical jumps, broad jumps and their times in the three cone drill.

You can find that information at NFLdraftscout.com under 'NFL combine'. From there, you can jump between several years. Both players had full combine workouts.

For what little combine performances are worth, Lynch beat Turner in every one of the categories I mentioned above.

LOL, I really don't care if his shuttle time 'stunk'. Post their *official* combine performances in the 40 (including 10 and 20 yard intervals), vertical jumps, broad jumps and their times in the three cone drill.

You can find that information at NFLdraftscout.com under 'NFL combine'. From there, you can jump between several years. Both players had full combine workouts.

For what little combine performances are worth, Lynch beat Turner in every one of the categories I mentioned above.

Can't we all just agree that taking a RB neglects our thin defense and going RB in Round 1 takes us out of the Patrick Willis or Amobi Okoye game?

DJ is going to go defense. Think what you will, he's got a lot of influence over Marv and whomever is selected.

That said, I'd like to see Pittman in Round 2 and if he's gone Brandon Jackson perhaps in Round 3. After that there'll still be some serviceable RB's.

Can't we all just agree that taking a RB neglects our thin defense and going RB in Round 1 takes us out of the Patrick Willis or Amobi Okoye game?

DJ is going to go defense. Think what you will, he's got a lot of influence over Marv and whomever is selected.

That said, I'd like to see Pittman in Round 2 and if he's gone Brandon Jackson perhaps in Round 3. After that there'll still be some serviceable RB's.

No, I don't agree that it neglects a thin defense. The draft is seven rounds long and the Bills have five of the first 110 picks. There will be plenty of opportunities to make significant long-term improvements to the Bills defense in rounds 2-4 if they were to select an offensive player at 12. The same is also true of the offense if a defender is selected at 12. It isn't an all-or-nothing situation.

For the record, I see the Bills as being quite weak both offensively and defensively. I would prefer that they select an offensive player in R1, but I don't think they can go wrong selecting a top tier player at any moderate-to-major need position at 12.

No, I don't agree that it neglects a thin defense. The draft is seven rounds long and the Bills have five of the first 110 picks. There will be plenty of opportunities to make significant long-term improvements to the Bills defense in rounds 2-4 if they were to select an offensive player at 12. The same is also true of the offense if a defender is selected at 12. It isn't an all-or-nothing situation.

For the record, I see the Bills as being quite weak both offensively and defensively. I would prefer that they select an offensive player in R1, but I don't think they can go wrong selecting a top tier player at any moderate-to-major need position at 12.

With the 12th pick, the Bills need an impact player, someone who can step in and contribute this season. And that player should be defense IMHO.

When Ralph asks about stopping the run and we draft a RB in the first round, well I'll t be somewhat disappointed. Then again, it's not my opinion that matters. Okoye and Willis appear to fit the mold for an impact defensive player. I'm not sure if both or one will be available, but if they intend on giving up less than those 140.9 rypg they did last season, they'll go defense. The chance at Willis, who's regularly running a sub 4.4 40, has great character and super work ethic is too much. He's not a guaranteed player, no one is, but I'd grab someone who can make offenses think twice about running the ball too much.

More often than not, what you get in the 2nd round and below is not going to help this season. RB is one of those positions that can feature a guy playing well their rookie season from the second. However, there aren't many on defense that are available in a given draft who can.

DJ=Defense