turner is more proven

A. The Bills had Thurman Thomas, a bona fide Hall of Famer, and he shared times with the likes of Robb Riddick and Kenny Davis, among others.

B. I'm just saying - if Turner was so good - he would have forced himself on to the field.

C. My guess is that he's lacking in some critcal skills to be a feature back.

A. True. The Bills no-huddle offense really racked up the yards for Kenny. (Riddick played from 81-88, and had 1,341 yards, so does he really belong in the conversation?) Thurman was one of the most unselfish backs I've ever seen when it came to sharing time. Remember, Thurman used to wave Kenny in on his own, at times.

SD's offensive style is FAR different from the Bills of old, and LT (I'll go out on a limb and guess he'll be in the HOF, too) doesn't come out of the game as often as TT did, as far as I can tell. Even so, Turner had 80 carries and 502 yards last year...not too shabby, really.

B. See A. Also remember, we are talking about Marty One-Note here.

C: I appreciate that you used the word "guess" is that's all you and I have here, I think. I reach a different conclusion. Given LT's brilliance , Lorenzo Neal's success as a FB and Schotz's renowned conservatism, I'm shocked Turner EVER saw the field.

well i have THOUGHT ABOUT IT and i stand pat....i think adrian peterson will out rush michael turner next season.adrian will be the first runningback chosen in this years draft and rightfully so.michael turner has talent but there had to be a reason he was chosen in the fifth round.and even if i end up wrong it is just my opinion.it means nothing.that is what we all do on this board.post our opinions about what we think will happen or what players we like or dislike.go bills in"07

Wasn't Brady also a 5th rounder?

Why do the Bills even draft anywhere after the first day, what a waste, theres only garbage after round 3, everyone knows that. Look at the crap thats left, Thanks to them bringing in an undrafted Free Agent, we're stuck with Peters at Tackle, when we should have kept the #4 pick MW

Wasn't Brady also a 5th rounder?

Why do the Bills even draft anywhere after the first day, what a waste, theres only garbage after round 3, everyone knows that. Look at the crap thats left, Thanks to them bringing in an undrafted Free Agent, we're stuck with Peters at Tackle, when we should have kept the #4 pick MW

Actually he was originally drafted in the 6th round.

Given how wrong the assessors often are (roughly 50% of even first round picks are disappointing) it seems that there are far more accurate tells on how good or bad player may be than when he was drafted (or even at all in cases like Jason Peters).

Draft position is an indicator rather than anything conclusive and its is quite often a pretty bad indicator of player talent and production.