Anyone seen tape of these guys?

Jackie Battle/RB-FB/Houston: Battle turned in one of the best performances of any back this offseason. At 235 pounds, Battle ran his 40s in the low 4.4-second area and turned in impressive times of 4.11 seconds in the short shuttle and 6.51 seconds in the three-cone. Battle also registered 41 inches in the vertical jump. Will these numbers help Battle? They should, but most experts feel he is more athlete than football player at this point.

Justise Hairston/RB/Central Connecticut State: The former Rutgers running back, who rushed for 1,847 yards at CCSU last season, ran times in the high 4.5-second range after weighing in at 232 pounds. He also completed 22 reps on the bench and turned in a 39-inch vertical jump

Link

I have never seen this Battle guy play but those numbers are absolutely phenomenal especially for a guy weighing 235lbs - - the short shuttle time would have been third fastest at the combine only behind scatbacks Garret Wolfe and Ahmed Bradshaw. The threecone time is exceptional and faster than any back tested at the combine same with the vertical leap of 41 inches the best by a rb at the combine was 40.5. Lastyear he ran for 950yrds and had a 5.1 avg + 15 tds. I kind of remember Hairston having success at rutgers his freshman year (i think he was on pace for 1000yds) but i think an injury really derailed him and add guys like Brian Leonard and Ray Rice and no wonder he transferred (eg. Brandon Jacobs) obviously 1800 yards as a senior is sick but i mean especially in the prestigious northeast (div 2) conference :) .

I know "workout wonders" doesn't translate into NFL success but those numbers especially Battle's are absolutely jaw dropping. Anyone seen either of these guys play?

Link

I have never seen this Battle guy play but those numbers are absolutely phenomenal especially for a guy weighing 235lbs - - the short shuttle time would have been third fastest at the combine only behind scatbacks Garret Wolfe and Ahmed Bradshaw. The threecone time is exceptional and faster than any back tested at the combine same with the vertical leap of 41 inches the best by a rb at the combine was 40.5. Lastyear he ran for 950yrds and had a 5.1 avg + 15 tds. I kind of remember Hairston having success at rutgers his freshman year (i think he was on pace for 1000yds) but i think an injury really derailed him and add guys like Brian Leonard and Ray Rice and no wonder he transferred (eg. Brandon Jacobs) obviously 1800 yards as a senior is sick but i mean especially in the prestigious northeast (div 2) conference :) .

I know "workout wonders" doesn't translate into NFL success but those numbers especially Battle's are absolutely jaw dropping. Anyone seen either of these guys play?

havent seen Battle play, but I know he was in a passing first offense and then mainly used in short yardage situations. so for him to have nearly 1000 yards in that kind of offense speaks loads about his ability to get the job done when he gets the ball. I wouldnt mind taking a 3rd round or later chance on him.

Battle had decent senior year stats (184 943 5.1 ) not used as a receiver but caught the ball well at his proday-as say compared to Chris Henry another workout warrior and add DeShawn Wynn as another good sized guy he did well in the workouts

From PFW on Battle:

Positives: Has excellent size with a thick, muscular build. Looks the part. Runs hard with nice leg drive and does not go down easy. Can power his way through arm tackles.

Negatives: Slow starter. Lacks the speed to hit the perimeter or break away and shows little creativity. Only knows one speed. Too stiff and upright. Gathers to cut. Not a powerful blocker or consistent catcher and was barely used in the passing game. Gets beat up by the ball and struggled to catch it cleanly at the IntaJuice All-Star Classic. Played in a spread offense that created wide running lanes. Not a great worker and will let his weight balloon.

Summary: A classic tweener who is built more like a fullback but has the mentality of a tailback. Has not shown the toughness to handle full-time blocking assignments and shows few notable qualities as a runner.