Calling all international travelers

Anybody ever been to southern Spain? We are going to be staying not too far from the birth place of Picasso and not too far from Gibraltor, which is the shortest way to get into Morocco.

Yes.

A couple of places: Mijas, with a great view and food, and Torremolinos. Though the latter has gotten weird lately. But if you enjoy different, you might like it. Wherever you are, ask where the local, gorgeous women perform a Flamenco dance. The better the crowd, the better the dance. Southern Spain is known for its beautiful Flamenco dancers.

Morocco is a another great place to visit. It depends who is with you, whether you/they know French/Arabic, have a friend who knows the area. Souks in any major city is the place to go to bargain for hand-made and other items. Driving is nuts and I would have a difficult time recommending it to an intrepid traveler. But, if you are experienced traveler, know how to conduct yourself, recognize situations, etc. then enjoy yourself. I have French relatives who live in Casablanca so they help me out.

Have a great time.

Been to Malaga/Torremolinos many times in my career, I think Torremolinos is awesome! Great outdoor cafes. Also take a slow walk down the marble "boardwalk" in Malaga. It's a little early in the year but the sights should still be worth seeing. :rolleyes: