Turner Trade Mock

(12) Swap First rounders with the Chargers for Michael Turner.

Turner is a very talented runner, and this would address RB while keeping a first round pick.

(30) Chris Houston CB Arkansas-

We need to add a high caliber CB to our secondary and at this spot Houston would be great. Ross is another player to target if he makes it this far.

(43) David Harris ILB Michigan-

Crowell could be a good fit at MLB but I like him more on the strong side. We need to upgrade our run support more then anything and next to Willis, Harris is the best to do that.

(2nd Round) Manuel Ramirez OG Texas Tech-

Trade 2007 3rd round, 2008 3rd round, to get back to the middle of the second round. Duke Preston could prove to be a good G/C back up but he really needs to step up if he wants to start.

(92) Jacoby Jones WR Lane-

Evans is going to be a great #1, Parrish should be a very good #3. I think a bigger target and legit prospect for our #2 spot would help. With other areas addressed we can afford this luxury pick.

I like it! I really like the idea of swapping first round picks for Turner and keeping all our picks. Its a strong draft- we will be able to get 4 players to help us this year in the first 3 rounds, plus Turner. I too want us to draft a WR day 1. Lee and JP could use the support

I like it! I really like the idea of swapping first round picks for Turner and keeping all our picks. Its a strong draft- we will be able to get 4 players to help us this year in the first 3 rounds, plus Turner. I too want us to draft a WR day 1. Lee and JP could use the support

I agree. We need a RB and we're going to have to take one anywhere between the first and third rds anyways, why not just secure Turner and be done? If we have to we can toss in a mid-late rd pick in next year's draft.

I like the trade, I just don't like the pick of Houston. Seen a few posters picking him and I don't understand it that well.

Yes he is a high rated corner, but is a press corner ideally. (Same with Ross...both corners you like don't fit our system)

When Marv picks his corner, I think he will go for one of the prospects who best fit the cover 2:

Leon Hall

Darrelle Revis

Daymeion Hughes

Tanard Jackson

A.J. Davis

Are you saying that you think that Marv drafting a first round corner is a given?

3 out of those 5 listed are not first rounders and two of them could slip to day 2. So no, that wasn't what he was saying.

3 out of those 5 listed are not first rounders and two of them could slip to day 2. So no, that wasn't what he was saying.

Nice to hear, thanks. <_<

How about you? Do you think that we are resigned to selecting a first round corner under virtually any conditions?

How about you? Do you think that we are resigned to selecting a first round corner under virtually any conditions?

No, and actually I don't think anyone thinks that. But, unlike you, I don't think it would be horrible if they did. Before the Spikes trade I would have thought Hall in the first was a very good pick. Now, I still wouldn't be pissed, but it takes a big back seat to LB IMO.

If I were doing the picking, I wouldn't start looking at CB until the Baltimore pick in the 3rd round (our 3rd rounder if someone I had highly ranked slipped that far), but I don't think taking one early is so bad.

No, and actually I don't think anyone thinks that. But, unlike you, I don't think it would be horrible if they did. Before the Spikes trade I would have thought Hall in the first was a very good pick. Now, I still wouldn't be pissed, but it takes a big back seat to LB IMO.

If I were doing the picking, I wouldn't start looking at CB until the Baltimore pick in the 3rd round (our 3rd rounder if someone I had highly ranked slipped that far), but I don't think taking one early is so bad.

OK, but I feel compelled to remind you that the Bills play in the elements. There are times where passing is not a great option for the best of quarterbacks. Also, we play the cover-2, where supposedly corners are less important, right?

I am thinking that this is why we let Nate walk, and he is (imo) one of the most athletic players in the NFL. It also occurs to me that we drafted Youboty to take his place.

A first round corner could work I suppose, but only if Marv gets lucky once again on day 2. If he continues to devote another yet day 1 primarily to defensive backs in this draft, the long term losses will follow.

Count on it.

OK, but I feel compelled to remind you that the Bills play in the elements. There are times where passing is not a great option for the best of quarterbacks. Also, we play the cover-2, where supposedly corners are less important, right?

I am thinking that this is why we let Nate walk, and he is (imo) one of the most athletic players in the NFL. It also occurs to me that we drafted Youboty to take his place.

A first round corner could work I suppose, but only if Marv gets lucky once again on day 2. If he continues to devote another yet day 1 primarily to defensive backs in this draft, the long term losses will follow.

Count on it.

Well, I think you can rest easy. There simply isn't enough room on the roster to devote day 1 on primarily secondary. Not even in an effort to get youth on the team, since that's already accomplished. Yes, we drafted Youboty last year, but the problem is our group of CB's on the whole just aren't that great. I think Youboty will do well in the cover 2, but McGee has looked pretty bad and Thomas is a nickel CB at best. Just because we drafted a replacement for Nate last year doesn't mean we have no need for another CB.

Let me put it this way, we brought in a DT in FA and drafted two more including one in the first round. We brought in a late pick who played better than expected on the Oline and brought in two high priced FA's this year.

That said, there is absolutely no reason for the Bills to go after any more DT's or Olinemen for at least a year or two...right??

Of course not. Not only is there room for improvement, but who knows how these recent additions will turn out? Even highly valued FA's and draft prospects can crap out, both on the lines and in the secondary. Saying we have no need for a CB just because we drafted one in the 3rd round last year is just grasping at straws to make your point IMO.

Are you saying that you think that Marv drafting a first round corner is a given?

No, this is not what I was saying. In fact, I think the chance of picking corner round 1 is unlikely, but I wouldn't be going crazy like some if they did.

I think it's more likely we use one of the 3rd round picks to get a corner. I personally like A.J. Davis from NC State and Daymeion Hughes from Cal. I like Hughes a little more - he has slow 40 times which will make him drop a little but he's a real ball hawk and instinctive.

McGee is not really a cover 2 corner either which is why he is struggling in the system. I think if there is one thing I learned from last year is that Marv will use the following to make each pick:

A. What kind of person (character) is the player? Is he a team guy or a Willis McGahee? (willis-types need not apply)

B. Does he fit our system?

C. What are his measurables? (combine numbers)

So when I see posts that say "let's draft him...he ran a 4.3"...well to me that player is only meeting criteria C and only Marv knows if he is also meeting A and B in the first place to be considered.

probably - if Willis is not available.

which is why I think it is worth it to give up 100 points (about 4th rounder) to move up to #10 to lock in an elite player at a need position and avoid being stuck a 1st round CB.

(12) Swap First rounders with the Chargers for Michael Turner.

Turner is a very talented runner, and this would address RB while keeping a first round pick.

(30) Chris Houston CB Arkansas-

We need to add a high caliber CB to our secondary and at this spot Houston would be great. Ross is another player to target if he makes it this far.

(43) David Harris ILB Michigan-

Crowell could be a good fit at MLB but I like him more on the strong side. We need to upgrade our run support more then anything and next to Willis, Harris is the best to do that.

(2nd Round) Manuel Ramirez OG Texas Tech-

Trade 2007 3rd round, 2008 3rd round, to get back to the middle of the second round. Duke Preston could prove to be a good G/C back up but he really needs to step up if he wants to start.

(92) Jacoby Jones WR Lane-

Evans is going to be a great #1, Parrish should be a very good #3. I think a bigger target and legit prospect for our #2 spot would help. With other areas addressed we can afford this luxury pick.

The Changes i would make would be

(#30) Ted Ginn When i think of an offense of Evans, Ginn, Parish, Turner in the backfield and an improved o-line i get real happy

(#92) Best Corner available. I dont think there is a pressing need to draft one in the 1st round. You have to give Ashton a chance and Mcgee might bounce back

Do you think that we are resigned to selecting a first round corner under virtually any conditions?

So if the Bills don't draft a CB this year will you promise never to start this crusade again?

Sure. What do you promise to do if they do?

Shoot myself in the head? I'm in agreement with you that it would be a dumb move I just don't see the point of harping on it.

If CB is that important to this team then they should have kept Clements. If it's not that important given that they play the cover 2 then they should go in a different direction in the 1st round of the draft.

Shoot myself in the head? I'm in agreement with you that it would be a dumb move I just don't see the point of harping on it.

If CB is that important to this team then they should have kept Clements. If it's not that important given that they play the cover 2 then they should go in a different direction in the 1st round of the draft.

<_<:D

Sure. What do you promise to do if they do?
Never say never... they could skip a year and then take 3 straight #1 DBs.

Like any good crusade, you should at least keep it in your back pocket for future reference. <_<