Interesting Backs predicted to go 4th-7th round

Lorenzo Booker- 4th 5'10 194 not big enough for full time duty but nice speed and moves and a very good receiver

Tyrone Moss-5th 5'9 230 lacks speed but very powerful runner very good around the goal line

Chris Henry- 5th 5'11 230 fantastic workout at combine but not much production

Jackie Battle- 5th 6'2 235 super proday workout good production his senior year- might move up a couple rounds

DeShawn Wynn -6th 5'10 232 - ran faster then expected 4.48 some attitude issues

Nate Ilaoa - 7th 5'9 245 - slow forty 4.77, but ave 7.6 ypc and was a very good receiver out of the backfield.

some RBs who could be part of a RBBC- and one of them could be the next Micheal Turner

thats why if we do not get a day 1 runningback i will not be heart broken.there is lots of talent this year in all rounds.i am sure we can strike gold in the later rounds.its nice that we have two 3rds this year.

Lorenzo Booker- 4th 5'10 194 not big enough for full time duty but nice speed and moves and a very good receiver

Booker is not big enough for full time duty, but bigger than Thurman Thomas, Emmitt SMith, Barry Sanders Priest Holmes and the lsit goes on.

perfect compliment in a RBBC and could be something more

Yeah, I think we can get value at RB in different places in the draft, and I think A-Train is good enough for us not to need a Peterson/Lynch at all costs.

But I still would prefer if LB & RB are addressed with the first two picks unless value isn't there. I'm normally a big fan of taking the best players, etc., but we have painted ourselves into a corner where these two positions are much bigger voids on our team than other positions.

I wouldn't mind seeing us come out of this with one of these combinations:

Willis/Pittman

Willis/Turner

Peterson/Beason

Peterson/Poz (probably asking too much, but if Peterson falls or if we decide to trade up TWICE it could happen)

but it is really important to realize that there are a ton of ways we can end up addressing these two positions, and we have to trust Marv and DJ to do some good evaluating and dealing, and get us good fits at RB & LB while maybe getting us a day 1 CB too.

Booker is not big enough for full time duty, but bigger than Thurman Thomas, Emmitt SMith, Barry Sanders Priest Holmes and the lsit goes on.

perfect compliment in a RBBC and could be something more

Booker is in the mold of a Tiki Barber/Brian Westbrook. He's going to be able to do so many things for a team early in his career. Return kicks/punts. Be a good receiving back, is a definite home run threat. It's doubtful he can be "the guy" right away but with a few seasons gaining natural muscle and packing on 10lbs I think he can develop into a 1a type back. I also think he'll be gone before the 4th round.

I agree. There are some terrific running backs, and I'm not satisfied that ML and DJ aren't working some kind of trade for one along the line. The draft might best be used to fill needs on the other side of the line at LB, CB and maybe DT (if Okoye is still there at 12)