A great night...

buckeyemike

What else could make this night better?

"The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh", probably the best bad sports movie ever made, was on TV One tonight (an African-American themed network, for those who may not know, similar to BET).

I hadn't seen this movie since about 1985 and I had forgotten how deliciously cheesy it is, watching Dr. J try to act and play off Jonathan Winters, who played two parts in the film. I did tape it, since I was unable to watch the whole thing.

Getting back to the Final Four: as of right now, it looks like the Buckeyes opponent will be Florida.

Hopefully revenge will be very sweet come about midnight on Monday.

Getting back to the Final Four: as of right now, it looks like the Buckeyes opponent will be Florida.

Hopefully revenge will be very sweet come about midnight on Monday.

I know most people outside of OH and FL fans probably don't like seeing those two teams back in a championship game, but it sure does make for a great storyline. No matter who wins it will be awesome for their fans. Either FL keeps it's domination in the major college sports and takes down the Buckeyes twice, or the Buckeyes actually get their chance for revenge on NCAA's biggest stage.

Not to mention the fact that they are both excellent teams playing great ball right now.

I'm not terribly excited about this matchup, but put me in the camp that is damn impressed with what both of these schools have just accomplished. To dominate a complete season of both major college sports is incredible. Schools like Notre Dame will always have football (well, kinda :thumbsup: ) and Duke and UNC will always have basketball to brag about, but to represent the championship game in both sports in the same year is quite a feat. Big ups to both schools and their ADs for putting together first rate programs from coaches to players.

Having said that, I think OSU is overmatched. I thought UCLA could get by Florida, but the Gators aren't slowing down, they are peaking. A bit of sloppy play at the beginning and end tonight, but all in all another stiffling performance. Oden is going to have some serious heat on him, and it will be hard for him to stay out of foul trouble. Of course if Florida runs cold and Conley keeps his game up, it could be a great one. We'll see....

Side note....after watching him for about 5-6 games, I am convinced that Roy Hibbert has zero basketball IQ. What is up with him consistently making TERRIBLE fouls right when his team needs him to stay in the game?? He did it in the BE tourney and he did it throughout the NCAAs. Roy, you got 3 fouls. There are 12 minutes left. STOP reaching! DON'T grab on rebounds. DON'T foul 3-PT shots! Then when he fouls out (or picks up #4) he just blankly stares and sits on the bench. It's like he doesn't even know what he did wrong. Terrible.