YES!!

The Big Cat

For those who frequented the Ramones thread:

I wouldn't have missed this for the world.

(check out the list of acts who have already committed)

That's a hell of a concert, VGB. I expect a full review!

On a much smaller scale, I'm going to see James Cotton tonight...should be fun.

if you havent heard of or seen robert randolph, you are going to be in for an extra special treat...course the rest of the line-up is not too shabby either

Randolph is smokin. I'm not crazy about the vocals, but the instrumentation is just great.

if you havent heard of or seen robert randolph, you are going to be in for an extra special treat...course the rest of the line-up is not too shabby either

Robert Randolph is the shet. He came to my school in 2004 and a buddy of mine who was in Ohio at the time INSISTED that I go. I was blown away. :thumbsup:

unfortunately his new cd went away from their roots of heavy jamming, and tried to go more mainstream, it's still a decent cd, hope that doesnt take away from his live performance

Robert Randolph is the shet. He came to my school in 2004 and a buddy of mine who was in Ohio at the time INSISTED that I go. I was blown away. :thumbsup:

He was just announced at a local two day blues festival on the beach near our house in May. Have not seen him but am really looking forward to it.

a true treat, he blew me away when i saw him as part of the grammy's a few years ago, then i saw him here in richmond last year and it was un-freaking-real, his live act is a must see

He was just announced at a local two day blues festival on the beach near our house in May. Have not seen him but am really looking forward to it.

James Cotton Band was great, as expected. James no longer sings (he can barely talk) and doesn't appear until the band plays four songs. But, the band is smokin (two AWESOME blues guitar players and a good bass player and drummer). The singers are both top notch.

My only complaint is, it is a "show" band. Something you would see at BB Kings in Memphis or in New Orleans. But, I'm not complaining. The old man can still blow the harp.

The local band I saw before JC was also very good with an awesome guitarist.

All in all, very nice. My 77 year-old, 90 lb mother (who I managed to get to drink 2 big beers) was dancing in her chair, clapping along and singing ("ride sally ride") when appropriate. Also, the ribs (it was a rib cook-off festival) were outstanding. A good (and relatively inexpensive) time was had by all.

Did I mention the babes? :thumbsup: