So Who Can Tell Me About Carey Bender?

Carey Bender:

I'm still intrigued with Fred Jackson and he appears just below Bender on most of the Coe College record lists. Like Jackson, Bender played in NFL Europe, but I don't know if he saw the same kind of success or even had the chance to develop in another league like the UIF (note the second paragraph is devoted to Fred Jackson).

I was too young to remember today anybody named Carey Bender who played for the Bills. Was this guy under-sized and under developed? Or was he okay?

Could it be that the level of play at smaller schools like Coe has risen to the point where a former stand out back can now be effective because he has taken a few years to develop against competition better than what he saw in college, is running behind a beefed-up line in, and is in an offensive system which boasts dangerous players like Lee and JP?

I think the NFL success of Carey Bender might answer this question because no one has ever seen Fred Jackson play against ACTUAL NFL players...enlighten me please.

Man, you're young. The thing about Carey Bender is that he was about the size of Tasker (Maybe smaller than Flutie :D ). Not so with Jackson.

something I meant to mention.

The evidence is in: Fred Jackson the front runner for the starting spot in 2007, COMPLETELY eliminating the need to draft a running back AT ALL this April.

I'm going to pull this thread at the end of next year when Fred Jackson runs for over 1300 yards and scores 9 td's. And then I'm going to use the ninja smiley.

something I meant to mention.

The evidence is in: Fred Jackson the front runner for the starting spot in 2007, COMPLETELY eliminating the need to draft a running back AT ALL this April.

I'm going to pull this thread at the end of next year when Fred Jackson runs for over 1300 yards and scores 9 td's. And then I'm going to use the ninja smiley.

When that happens I'll eat the shirt my puppy just peed on.

Then I want to be on board.

Unless they sign the most recent Coe RB graduate Ashton Northern who goes 6'1, 225 .