Dianne Feinstein Resigns from:

CB Richard Elllis is EVERYPLACE here in the Bay area. I didn't know Fineswine's hubby was the B in that.

They didn't mention that she was the leader in expanding the Death Valley National monument by almost 100%. This shut down the major iridium mine in the US, which is needed for fighter jets. Now we have to get it from overseas, from mines which guess who is highly invested in.

My favorite part of the story is that the San Francisco Chronicle is apparently refusing to cover it. Pretty much the journalistic equivalent of putting their hands over their ears and saying "la la la, I can't hear you." :thumbsup:

mmmmmm.....bias.

Should she be arrested?

For what? The exact same problem with conflicts of interest that every single other politician in the country has?

Hell, I'm just going to say "Yes, she should, because she's a Democrat". For no other reason than because capricious partisanship seems to be the only thing your little idiot mind can comprehend.

:thumbsup: How the hell is that "refusing to cover it"?

That would be the first independent investigation they've done in years! the Chronicle is regarded as TP now-a-days.

:lol: How the hell is that "refusing to cover it"?

By not putting it in their paper, that is how they are "refusing to cover it". :w00t:

Regardless of whether she did anything inappropriate or not, and by Washington standards I doubt she did (by any other standard, maybe), don't you think the editors would at least find it worthy to put SOMEWHERE in the paper that the Senator who hails from their city stepped down off a particular subcommittee? Naaah. It makes much more sense for them to wait to print an article until they understand the full ramifications of what this means and are able to hector in extreme detail to their readership what it means to them, rather than simply write "Feinstein resigned from a subcommittee". :thumbsup:

By not putting it in their paper, that is how they are "refusing to cover it". :lol:

Regardless of whether she did anything inappropriate or not, and by Washington standards I doubt she did (by any other standard, maybe), don't you think the editors would at least find it worthy to put SOMEWHERE in the paper that the Senator who hails from their city stepped down off a particular subcommittee? Naaah. It makes much more sense for them to wait to print an article until they understand the full ramifications of what this means and are able to hector in extreme detail to their readership what it means to them, rather than simply write "Feinstein resigned from a subcommittee". :thumbsup:

Whether or not you agree with how they are doing it, if they do in fact end up printing an article that she resigned from a subcommittee, they will have covered it.

Show me where they have said they have refused to put it in their paper. :w00t:

Whether or not you agree with how they are doing it, if they do in fact end up printing an article that she resigned from a subcommittee, they will have covered it.

Show me where they have said they have refused to put it in their paper. :lol:

She resigned, what, 4 days ago? And they are still trying to decide whether it's newsworthy? :thumbsup:

If they run an article 3 weeks from now, its not exactly NEWS, now is it. :w00t:

They have not covered it to date, SnR is correct they APPARENTLY are refusing to cover it.

Show me where they have said they have refused to put it in their paper. :lol:

A blurb a week or two after the fact really isn't much coverage. But, yeah, I'm sure if this was a Republican they'd handle it the exact same way. :thumbsup:

It's completely surreal that they wouldn't mention it at all when it actually happened.

They have not covered it to date, SnR is correct they APPARENTLY are refusing to cover it.

O RLY? In what world is a statement by them saying that they are still investigating it evidence that they refuse to cover it?

A blurb a week or two after the fact really isn't much coverage. But, yeah, I'm sure if this was a Republican they'd handle it the exact same way. :thumbsup:

It's completely surreal that they wouldn't mention it at all when it actually happened.

Its the market. They'll run the story, but only after they are able to put their own spin on it. Look at who their paper is attempting to sell to.

O RLY? In what world is a statement by them saying that they are still investigating it evidence that they refuse to cover it?

Its the market. They'll run the story, but only after they are able to put their own spin on it. Look at who their paper is attempting to sell to.

Has it been in their #$@%% newspaper? NO.

Not putting it in the newspaper when it is the HOMETOWN politician IS not covering it.

Not covering it is the evidence they are not covering it. What part of THAT is so difficult to comprehend?

But, but, but, they said they'd think about running a story on it. My bad, I guess they MUST be covering it then. :thumbsup:

If they run a story 3 weeks from now, they aren't exactly covering it in a timely manner now are they? Shouldn't something thats NEWS actually be NEW (current)?