An Inconvenient Truth...

LOOK OVER THE DESCRIPTIONS OF THE FOLLOWING TWO HOUSES AND SEE IF YOU CAN TELL WHICH BELONGS TO AN ENVIRONMENTALIST.

HOUSE # 1:

A 20-room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house all heated by gas. In ONE MONTH ALONE this mansion consumes more energy than the average American household in an ENTIRE YEAR. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2,400.00 per month. In natural gas alone (which last time we checked was a fossil fuel), this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is not in a northern or Midwestern “snow belt,” either. It’s in the South.

HOUSE # 2:

Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university, this house incorporates every “green” feature current home construction can provide. The house contains only 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on arid high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground. The water (usually 67 degrees F.) heats the house in winter and cools it in summer. The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas, and it consumes 25% of the electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house.

Flowers and shrubs native to the area blend the property into the surrounding rural landscape.

HOUSE # 1 (20 room energy guzzling mansion) is outside of Nashville, Tennessee. It is the abode of that renowned environmentalist (and filmmaker) Al Gore.

HOUSE # 2 (model eco-friendly house) is on a ranch near Crawford, Texas. Also known as “the Texas White House,” it is the private residence of the President of the United States, George W. Bush.

So whose house is gentler on the environment? Yet another story you WON’T hear on CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC or read about in the New York Times or the Washington Post. Indeed, for Mr. Gore, it’s truly “an inconvenient truth.”

Yuk, how shameful. Thats the third really dissapointing thing I've learned today.

Al Gore....a limousine liberal before anyone even KNEW there was such a thing.

Another example is my personal favorite: "No Blood for Oil" bumperstickers on the back of Suburban Assault Vehicles. Funny how many liberals are guilty, hypocritcal, rich white people. Ashamed of their success, they pander to the lowest common denominator while still maintaining their opulent lifestyle.

I prefer to celebrate my success, but I also am conscious of doing my part rather than blabbering about doing good while not following through. To wit: I'm a conservative that drives a 4-cylinder vehicle. Go figure.

LOOK OVER THE DESCRIPTIONS OF THE FOLLOWING TWO HOUSES AND SEE IF YOU CAN TELL WHICH BELONGS TO AN ENVIRONMENTALIST.

HOUSE # 1:

A 20-room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house all heated by gas. In ONE MONTH ALONE this mansion consumes more energy than the average American household in an ENTIRE YEAR. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2,400.00 per month. In natural gas alone (which last time we checked was a fossil fuel), this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is not in a northern or Midwestern “snow belt,” either. It’s in the South.

HOUSE # 2:

Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university, this house incorporates every “green” feature current home construction can provide. The house contains only 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on arid high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground. The water (usually 67 degrees F.) heats the house in winter and cools it in summer. The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas, and it consumes 25% of the electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house.

Flowers and shrubs native to the area blend the property into the surrounding rural landscape.

HOUSE # 1 (20 room energy guzzling mansion) is outside of Nashville, Tennessee. It is the abode of that renowned environmentalist (and filmmaker) Al Gore.

HOUSE # 2 (model eco-friendly house) is on a ranch near Crawford, Texas. Also known as “the Texas White House,” it is the private residence of the President of the United States, George W. Bush.

So whose house is gentler on the environment? Yet another story you WON’T hear on CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC or read about in the New York Times or the Washington Post. Indeed, for Mr. Gore, it’s truly “an inconvenient truth.”

How nice. This actually coincides with my thread. What a great example, thanks.

Because, again, only limousine liberals follow the "do as I say, not as I do" mantra.

But he could use this as an example of what should be done to help. But then again it's really none of our business how he heats/cools his home. But then if he didn't use the geothermal system he could always pipe in the gas from Cindy Sheehan when she's in town.

But he could use this as an example of what should be done to help. But then again it's really none of our business how he heats/cools his home. But then if he didn't use the geothermal system he could always pipe in the gas from Cindy Sheehan when she's in town.

:D

NO BLOOD FOR OIL! BUSHBAD! FLIGHTSUIT! NOSEPICK! HALLIBURTON! (did I miss anything?)

Another example is my personal favorite: "No Blood for Oil" bumperstickers on the back of Suburban Assault Vehicles

My all time fave was a Suburban Assault Vehicle with one of those bumper stickers, a yellow ribbon "we support the troops" magnet, one of those bumper stickers about schools having enough money and the air force holding a bake sale, and another supporting the local Naval Air Station...I <heart> the sound of jet noise

:lol:

Response

[/PPP liberals]

That's Al's problem for preaching that schit... Me on the other hand don't care how much he wastes, you waste and for that matter how much I waste!

I drive two gas guzzling cars and recycling is NON-existant in my community... Does that mean I should tell you what to do "green wise" ... Heck no!...

I am probably the biggest anti-green liberal around... You actually do what people tell you to do?

That is the problem, people actually doing what Al says you should do...

:blink::lol:

So what is the problem?

hmm... 3 days and still no molson...

This is the first time I have even looked at this thread, I think. You guys think I'm some far left liberal because I think Bush is a disaster as president. Well, newsflash to the right wing faithful, YOU guys are the fringe now. A pretty large majority of Americans consider Bush to be an idiot and a bad president. Also seems like the far right wing agenda has been rejected, too. Good! I was strongly against the war from the start. Does that mean I'm an environmental wackjob? No. I care for the environment and all, but it is not a motivating factor in how I vote when all the other issues are taken into consideration.

This is the first time I have even looked at this thread, I think. You guys think I'm some far left liberal because I think Bush is a disaster as president. Well, newsflash to the right wing faithful, YOU guys are the fringe now. A pretty large majority of Americans consider Bush to be an idiot and a bad president. Also seems like the far right wing agenda has been rejected, too. Good! I was strongly against the war from the start. Does that mean I'm an environmental wackjob? No. I care for the environment and all, but it is not a motivating factor in how I vote when all the other issues are taken into consideration.

Ironic that in 3 days, the first time you look at it is 18 minutes after I post you havent comented...then you hijack the thread. I'll continue for a second here...but the conservtive agenda HAS NOT been rejected. In fact, the majority of americans believe in conservative politics. The problem is that Bush and Congress are not adhereing to conservative reaganesque policies which americans crave. In time, true conservatism will win out. This is why you see, as unpopular as Bush and Congress are, you still see the republican candidates out in front in national 2008 presidential polls.

Someone please switch this thread back to Gore....

Did you see that contract he signed with SF? 4 years, $28 mil. Thats alotta carbon credits

San Francisco banned plastic bags! Now what will the all the bums all over the city put their shopping carts full of cans and bottle in?

San Francisco banned plastic bags! Now what will the all the bums all over the city put their shopping carts full of cans and bottle in?

Gonna have to switch to paper. Its biodegradable and the bums can recycled it into toilet paper.

Oh wait a sec. Nevermind, paper kills innocent trees. :thumbsup: