bic or papermate?

Cugalabanza

MS Word, and a samsung ML1740 Laser printer...what are these pens of which you speak :beer:

Which cheapo pen writes better?

I have a very stong opinion about this already, but I'm curious what other people think. Now, I know this is a very sensitive topic, so I ask that we please refrain from personal attacks.

Which cheapo pen writes better?

I have a very stong opinion about this already, but I'm curious what other people think. Now, I know this is a very sensitive topic, so I ask that we please refrain from personal attacks.

March 29, 2007

Dear Mr. Starr,

I use the BiC round stic, medium ball, in black. They have been reliable, and I haven't suffered any leaks. A bag of 15 or so costs about 2 dollars.

My pencil is a BiC Velocity Pencil #2, with 0.9mm lead. I break the thinner leads...I'm left-handed. The two-pack, including 6 replacement erasers and 8 additional leads, was also about 2 dollars.

I was disappointed with a 10-pack of Papermate-branded wood #2 pencils I purchased a couple of years ago. They were manufactured by Sanford LP, which is a division of Newell Rubbermaid.

The cladding was of low quality, with the lead breaking out upon most every sharpening. Also, the erasers were hard and would smear the erasure. They were inexpensive, though...75 cents or so.

I hope you find this information useful.

Yours Truly,

stuckincincy

I personally think that bic makes a very nice pen. I don't know how papermate has stuck around so long because their product is garbage. The things never write when you pick them up--you're constantly making squiggles just to get started. Then it's globby and uneven anyway.

And I like the cap. I don't know why, but click pens don't do it for me.

I personally think that bic makes a very nice pen. I don't know how papermate has stuck around so long because their product is garbage. The things never write when you pick them up--you're constantly making squiggles just to get started. Then it's globby and uneven anyway.

And I like the cap. I don't know why, but click pens don't do it for me.

You use the cap to clean your ears out don't you?

I would be remiss if I did not mention, however, that papermate capped pens are much more effective for stabbing one in the jugular than Bic cap or click pens. You also get the added effect of the smudged ink leaking in to the bloodstream, hastening the demise of said individual through poisoning of the blood stream. Just an FYI; the right tools need to be used for the right endeavors, that's always been my motto!

I would be remiss if I did not mention, however, that papermate capped pens are much more effective for stabbing one in the jugular than Bic cap or click pens. You also get the added effect of the smudged ink leaking in to the bloodstream, hastening the demise of said individual through poisoning of the blood stream. Just an FYI; the right tools need to be used for the right endeavors, that's always been my motto!

That's very true. You know what's fun to do also? After you stab the guy, you take the very same pen and write a little note while the he's bleeding to death. So he's there bleeding all over the place and he can't help wondering... what's he writing? Then you take the paper and show it to him and it says, "you're dead." Good times.

While that may be true, the opposite is true for the Bic. Many times I have had to save people's lives by making an incision in their throat and then using the plastic Bic pen casing, with the ink and nib removed, to allow the victim to breathe. One day I tried to do this with a Papermate, and almost lost the victim. I swore never to use them again in my efforts to save someone's life.

When you're a hero like me, you just can't take chances.

That's very true. You know what's fun to do also? After you stab the guy, you take the very same pen and write a little note while the he's bleeding to death. So he's there bleeding all over the place and he can't help wondering... what's he writing? Then you take the paper and show it to him and it says, "you're dead." Good times.

I bow in awe of your cold blooded genius: the self-reflexive death ironical :D

It's kind of like in Temple of Doom when that crazy hindu priest dude rips out the other dude's heart and holds it in front of his face so he can see it as he dies!

While that may be true, the opposite is true for the Bic. Many times I have had to save people's lives by making an incision in their throat and then using the plastic Bic pen casing, with the ink and nib removed, to allow the victim to breathe. One day I tried to do this with a Papermate, and almost lost the victim. I swore never to use them again in my efforts to save someone's life.

When you're a hero like me, you just can't take chances.

Wow. The bearded dude that lives in the clouds does work in mysterious ways.

I bow to you as well, oh surgeon general of the Bic Pen :D

Let me ask you a question: Is it bad for you to eat the plastic caps off the top of the pens? I don't get any of the ink...